Corsair Community

Please offer the Corsair K70/K90 with different Cherry MX switches

executer1990

This is not a question, i just want to give you something to consider. - I know you cannot comment on rumors or unreleased products.

The upcoming Keyboards K70 and K95 will be (in my opinion) the most beautiful mechanical Keyboards on the market.

I'm a PC gamer since 12 years and always love to update my peripheries. Back in time i just bought gaming equipment, but now i have to consider that i'll also have to type a lot in college. Due to the announced Cherry MX red switches i have decided that i can't buy the keyboard of your company if it's only available with Cherry MX red.

I BEG you to consider selling the keyboards with different switches like MX blue black or brown. Not only to compete with the upcoming Roccat Ryos but also to capture a new market.

Corsair is the only Company with stylish mechanical aluminium uni body keyboards. I'm pretty sure that many people who are not gamers would also buy this keyboard if it's available with mechanical switches for typing.

The K70 for example would perfectly fit to Apple Computers.

So if you offer the Keyboard with different switches (you could charge a little bit more for the other switches), you would probably sell more keyboards due to the bigger target audience and would also gain many people as customers who would otherwise bought a Razer Blackwidow or a Roccat Ryos just because of the different switches. - You have nothing to loose!

Sincerely, Florian

(sorry for my bad english - I'm Austrian)

I completely agree with this. Corsair is the only company so far to offer an asthetically pleasing keyboard, with all of the features usually left out of other mechanicals because of their purist approach.

My ideal keyboard would be a K95 with Blue or Green switches. I would happily pay $200 for this, given that such a keyboard simply doesn't exist otherwise. I'm sure there's something in the works, as people have been asking the same question since the K70's introduction, I just would have expected something sooner than this.

I hope so...

Personally i don't find the K95 very attractive because of its lenght with the macro keys. I also think that many people won't buy for example the Roccat Ryos or razer black widow because it looks like a keyboard for 12 year old "progamer"

But the K70 with Brown or Blue would be my perfect keyboard - i just can't buy a keyboard where i will make hundred of typos when i have to write four to six 8000-10 000 words essays per semester.

• Administrators
personally i don't understand why they aren't talking about upcoming products - many big companys (for example logitech) and their developers are talking about their upcoming products in forums like overclock.net

I don't know the line of thinking behind the policy, but this may have something to do with it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

As a lover for Red switches, I don't agree on having only one other switch.

But I do like choice, and support this. I know CM's been doing this, but I don't know how successful it's been, but I like it. (My only flak is that I'm stuck with a certain backlighting to a certain switch)

I dunno how successful Corsair has been with their KB lineup, though (since I don't think it's been that popular), so if they do decide this, it would probably be a lot later. Maybe not for these newer boards.

I love the reds, but I do think it would be way cool if Corsair offered a build-to-order option on its high-end keyboard products where you could specify keyswitch type. This would be a premium of course, but I know for a fact there are people who would pay it. They're already shelling out nearly $200 for a quality product, another $30-40 would probably be worth it to them for their keyswitch of choice.

I love the reds, but I do think it would be way cool if Corsair offered a build-to-order option on its high-end keyboard products where you could specify keyswitch type. This would be a premium of course, but I know for a fact there are people who would pay it. They're already shelling out nearly $200 for a quality product, another $30-40 would probably be worth it to them for their keyswitch of choice.

Coolermaster, Ducky, Filco, large majority of mech keyboard makers offer switch choices, all priced nearly the same. I think Corsair should go in this direction and not charge a premium. I think premium charges are justified only when you're asking for a *very* custom keyboard to be built on your behalf. And also for Real Dolls xD, I kid I kid.

As a lover for Red switches, I don't agree on having only one other switch.

But I do like choice, and support this. I know CM's been doing this, but I don't know how successful it's been, but I like it.

if they do decide this, it would probably be a lot later. Maybe not for these newer boards.

I'm in the same boat as you, love Reds but won't mind picking up another corsair keyboard (even the same model) if its got different switch when there's spare cash.

EDIT:

Corsair, if we can have K70 + 95 in Blue switch by Christmas 2013 that'd be grand :)

I'd get that and Rome Total War II to go along with it.

^That. Bue/Green (heavier Blue, if anyone doesn't know) K95 please. :)

Just please, please: Don't go offering Browns. If you want to include a bunch of switches eventually, sure, the more the merrier. You're already catering quite nicely to the gaming crowd with a switch that (for the most part) only gamers will use. You owe it to your customer base to provide the same level of focus to the typist demographic, which means Blues and/or Greens.

My previous post might have been phrased badly, upon reflection. What I meant is that they shouldn't go offering Browns as their next switch, simply because Reds are so heavily gamer-centric, I feel Blues would be a correspondingly appropriate switch for typists. I have no objection to Brown switches (I'm typing on them now) I would just prefer Blue as I think it would please the most people (and therefore sell the best). If they offered Browns, they might well end up cannibalising sales from their Red keyboards.

If you're really good with a soldering iron, sure. You can order switches online, that's not the problem. Doing that would:

a) Take a lot of time.

b) Require quite a bit of skill.

c) Void any and all warranty.

Not ideal.

... yeah, I've never really opened a mech board before and haven't had the slightest clue that each one were soldered to the board. Looks like they just snap in. But, the idea sounded good in my head. However, I can solder and I also hem and make alterations to my own clothes as well if that can count... lol.

I plan on buying a K95 when they come out, hopefully by the end of May. I like the white LEDs, and they would be a great "one-size-fits-all" option, if you could find backlit keycaps in differing colors. By this, I refer to the illuminated portion of the key being available in different colors.

My current keyboard illuminates the keys in an orange/red except for the macro keys which are yellow, and the entire number pad which converts to macro keys in banks 2 and 3. Having the macros be, say Yellow, and the movement keys Red while the normal keys were some other color or white would be nice.

I have yet to find decent illuminated replacement caps, but I keep looking :)

Do any of the higher-ups have a picture of the K95 internals? I'm half thinking about going at one with pliers and soldering iron in-hand, Blue switches at the ready. I can't find any pictures online though, and I don't really want to spend €150, immediately ruin my warranty, only to find it can't be done.

• Administrators
Do any of the higher-ups have a picture of the K95 internals? I'm half thinking about going at one with pliers and soldering iron in-hand, Blue switches at the ready. I can't find any pictures online though, and I don't really want to spend €150, immediately ruin my warranty, only to find it can't be done.
Why bother the engineers / product managers when some guy on YouTube has already taken it apart :)

Archived