The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2019, 05:29 PM
MyPC8MyBrain's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994390
MyPC8MyBrain Reputation: 10

@StormShadow
that is incorrect,
the GPU can be swapped with any GPU provided one removes the cooling shroud they come with;
any GPU will fit there using the standard pump that's currently in use there,

Old 02-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 994396
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPC8MyBrain View Post
@StormShadow
that is incorrect,
the GPU can be swapped with any GPU provided one removes the cooling shroud they come with;
any GPU will fit there using the standard pump that's currently in use there,
I can assure you what I said is correct. With all due respect, not "any" GPU can fit in there, left alone able to fit the custom cooling bracket.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:11 PM
MyPC8MyBrain's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994399

i'm looking right at it!
the top bracket is just securing the card in place and is custom for the case, still has no relation to which GPU it can accommodate,

in the old and the new case design you can take any full factor GPU with removed shroud and fit it in there,
these are made to specs world wide and must fit any generic slot, hence just by merit of that logic it should and can fit any full size GPU,

since im no one you know or can trust, ill drop one name,
this was confirmed directly by Dustin stating that any full size GPU can fit in there,
and... there is no custom anything there we should be aware of!
this goes for both the old and newly refreshed case design for Corsair ONE,

Last edited by MyPC8MyBrain; 02-15-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994411
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

That is NOT what I said.

This generation Corsair One has limited upgradeability as far as the graphics card is concerned.

You can use any full size card that fits the PCIe height/size spec. You CAN'T use the graphics liquid cooling system with it.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:40 PM
MyPC8MyBrain's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994415

how are Dustin <3

obviously you cant go crazy inside there with cooling etc,
i believe the question was can the existing 1080 be upgraded (likely to 1080TI or 2080),
my base assumption we are talking same size/space GPU (excluding cooling),

when you say "graphics liquid cooling system" are you referring to the bottom support PCB bracket might not fit the upgraded gpu dye layout?
that should definitely be taken to account!

ATB
Chris

Old 02-19-2019, 04:04 PM
parenek4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994904
parenek4 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPC8MyBrain View Post
how are Dustin <3

obviously you cant go crazy inside there with cooling etc,
i believe the question was can the existing 1080 be upgraded (likely to 1080TI or 2080),
my base assumption we are talking same size/space GPU (excluding cooling),

when you say "graphics liquid cooling system" are you referring to the bottom support PCB bracket might not fit the upgraded gpu dye layout?
that should definitely be taken to account!

ATB
Chris
Thank you for the response. So if i get it right, it's possible to upgrade GPU and stay on original cooling system if you find a card with similar size, maybe MSI 2080 or at least 1080TI? and of course replace PSU.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:45 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 994918
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Once again, if you can find a card that has similar height and mounting spec. But you CANNOT attach the existing cooling bracket to just any card.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:51 AM
parenek4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994961
parenek4 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair StormShadow View Post
Once again, if you can find a card that has similar height and mounting spec. But you CANNOT attach the existing cooling bracket to just any card.
Thank you for the answer. Why couldn’t you answer so in your first replay, and just saying:”no,it’s not possible “?

It’s kind of confusing. I think that upgradability of One system is one of the strongest sailing arguments! So please help us with finding possible solutions instead of giving such kind of answers, we are fully responsible for what we are doing and your organization can learn from our experience as well.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:03 AM

POST ID # = 994980
nox_uk Reputation: 10

Swapping over to an air cooled GPU <should> be viable & comparatively easy if your current GPU breaks. Obvious caveats regarding size, heat & power consumption. Do your research first.

Custom brackets can also be fabricated at home these days if you have a decent 3D printer. Any upgrade will be limited by skill level and time requirement vs the size of your wallet to buy a new one!

I love my C1, it's incredible. Visually the best PC I've ever owned, by far. (Sorry M1!)

Last edited by nox_uk; 02-20-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:14 PM

POST ID # = 995037
Remorage Reputation: 10

Hi guys, Sorry for butting in on the tread with a question, but i saw that you are doing something similar to what I have planned.

I recently got the 160i and while I am more then happy with the processor and graphics card, I am heavily disappointed with the motherboard choice. I plan to upgrade to the same board you went with as the layout is extremely similar to the current MSI and from what I saw in the case, this should be well within my ability. Along with that, I plan to swap the ram with corsair 3200 and do a small mod on the case to accommodate the new front usb-c port and the 2080ti's Virtuallink port.

I am sure that the motherboard will no longer be under warranty; However, I will not be touching the other components and will be upgrading the ram with corsair's. Can a Mod let me know if I will be able to retain any form of warranty (so long as the damage was not caused by me) on the system or will I lose it all if I preform this mod?