The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2018, 08:10 AM

POST ID # = 972550
Spynx Reputation: 10

Hello,
I just registered here to give this thread a bump.
I build an AIO in a professionally used rig which is exclusively used via RDP.
This behaviour is really troublesome for monitioring temps/performance.

I would really apreciate if this got somehow fixed or a workaround is provided.

Cheers
Old 10-12-2018, 06:31 PM

POST ID # = 976189
BusinessClass Reputation: 10
Default Must work with RDP

Currently, three AX1200i power supplies, numerous 120mm fans, and a "COMMANDER PRO" device are in use at my place of work. All of these devices were purchased at my request.

After spending a substantial amount of time trying to figure out why the "COMMANDER PRO" could first not be updated with the latest firmware and later why the device would not be recognized by iCue, I found this thread.

The machine in which the "COMMANDER PRO" is installed is nearly EXCLUSIVELY used via RDP.

So, like Spynx, I registered on this forum to bump this thread.

I need to monitor this computer remotely.
Lack of RDP support in iCue with the "COMMANDER PRO" is not acceptable -especially considering the price paid for it.

Please fix it.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spynx View Post
Hello,
I just registered here to give this thread a bump.
I build an AIO in a professionally used rig which is exclusively used via RDP.
This behaviour is really troublesome for monitioring temps/performance.

I would really apreciate if this got somehow fixed or a workaround is provided.

Cheers

Last edited by BusinessClass; 10-12-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Added Corsair equipment.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:54 AM

POST ID # = 994851
Spynx Reputation: 10

Any news yet?
Old 02-19-2019, 12:58 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994881
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Nope, no news.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 06-19-2019, 11:59 PM
Turbo Brian's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008586
Turbo Brian Reputation: 10

wow, nearly a year after this thread started, still nothing. im feeling pretty cheated here. using some old parts to build a game server. needed a case, figured i'd spend a little more on a 500D RGB SE with the commander pro and an extra 3 pack of LL120 fans. thats 6 fans. if its going to be on all the time, may as well look good right? icue worked fine when first installed with a fresh load of win10 but since this is a headless system most of the time, it has no kb, mouse or monitor and i access it via RDP after windows and all that was done. needless to say, nothing freakin works. all that extra money spent on this and none of it works. what a waste. computer sits there, completely dark. couldve just got the regular 500d and re-used some regular old case fans i had laying around.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:45 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008589

I get what you're saying here. A suggestion - connect a keyboard/mouse to the system and log on locally. Set the Hardware Profile for the lighting. That'll play when there is no one logged in to the system.
Is it ideal? Nope. And I'd love to see RDP functionality too. But it's better than all dark or unicorn vomit (unless, of course, you like rainbows, then please disregard that insensitive comment regarding unicorn vomit).

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 06-20-2019, 09:09 AM
Turbo Brian's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008623

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I get what you're saying here. A suggestion - connect a keyboard/mouse to the system and log on locally. Set the Hardware Profile for the lighting. That'll play when there is no one logged in to the system.
Is it ideal? Nope. And I'd love to see RDP functionality too. But it's better than all dark or unicorn vomit (unless, of course, you like rainbows, then please disregard that insensitive comment regarding unicorn vomit).
i did set that and it worked once but after logging in to RDP once, that seems to have broken. even when not logged to RDP, even after a reboot and a full power off/on, the fans are all off (leds are off, fans run) and dont fallback to the hardware profile. i can try again but if that settings doesnt persist, its kinda useless.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:19 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Brian View Post
i did set that and it worked once but after logging in to RDP once, that seems to have broken. even when not logged to RDP, even after a reboot and a full power off/on, the fans are all off (leds are off, fans run) and dont fallback to the hardware profile. i can try again but if that settings doesnt persist, its kinda useless.
Hmmm ... that's interesting. I've never seen it do that, personally. I'd guess that something got corrupted and it's a bug rather than design behavior.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 06-20-2019, 11:20 AM
Turbo Brian's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008641

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Hmmm ... that's interesting. I've never seen it do that, personally. I'd guess that something got corrupted and it's a bug rather than design behavior.
weird. went back in to try again and now its working. its like the settings didnt stick before; not only on the hardware profile but even my fan speed profiles didnt stick to what i changed them too. just had a successful test though. logged in remotely, leds work on the hardware profile. rebooted and it seems to have persisted this time. feeling a bit better now. still would be nice if i didnt have to hook a kb and monitor to it to modify anything if i want to change things up. oh well, better than nothing.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:25 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Brian View Post
weird. went back in to try again and now its working. its like the settings didnt stick before; not only on the hardware profile but even my fan speed profiles didnt stick to what i changed them too. just had a successful test though. logged in remotely, leds work on the hardware profile. rebooted and it seems to have persisted this time. feeling a bit better now. still would be nice if i didnt have to hook a kb and monitor to it to modify anything if i want to change things up. oh well, better than nothing.
Dude ... I hear you. Link would allow you to do this - maybe that's something to look into? Unfortunately, it's not updated so it won't support any new hardware. One other tip - for the CoPro to properly control fan speeds, it's best to have them based on the thermistor sensors.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 06-29-2019, 06:45 AM
Lloyd_mcse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009682
Lloyd_mcse Reputation: 10

+1 on this, I hope Corsair get it sorted out soon!
I went back to LINK4 to monitor the RMi650 on my File Server (Server 2012 R2).
Old 11-13-2019, 01:40 AM
Aetherone's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023771
Aetherone Reputation: 10
Sad

Adding my voice to this one. Hacking about with various console/admin commands in MSTSC today has come to naught.

For those looking for a workaround, VNC appears to preserve iCUE functionality.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:33 PM

POST ID # = 1024471
bio138 Reputation: 10

+1 can be an issue in dual system builds. Such as in Corsairs 1000D case.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:31 AM
ftln's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027329
ftln Reputation: 10

@Corsair, any news on supporting PC's accessible only over RDP ?