The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-17-2020, 07:53 PM
HeavyHemi HeavyHemi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
POST ID # = 1038111
HeavyHemi Reputation: 10
Default M65 RGB Elite. Cannot save to device removed?

Does this mean I need to have iCue running so I do not have rainbow lights on the mouse?
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 03-17-2020, 09:02 PM
c-attack c-attack is offline
Registered User
c-attack's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 10,567
POST ID # = 1038113
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107
Default

Look in your profile list for "M65 Elite RGB HW1". This is the hardware save tool for the mouse. Select it from the list. Apply the lighting effect you want. Then go to "Onboard profiles" and save the lighting to the slot. That is now your non-software lighting and DPI.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 03-17-2020, 10:38 PM
HeavyHemi HeavyHemi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
POST ID # = 1038116
HeavyHemi Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Look in your profile list for "M65 Elite RGB HW1". This is the hardware save tool for the mouse. Select it from the list. Apply the lighting effect you want. Then go to "Onboard profiles" and save the lighting to the slot. That is now your non-software lighting and DPI.
Actually you do not even have to use that one. You can create a new one as a hardware type and save that to the device. Thanks for answering. They have made it stupidly more difficult to do something that was as simple as clicking one button. Now hopefully it won't die of 'left click' disease.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 03-18-2020, 09:28 AM
c-attack c-attack is offline
Registered User
c-attack's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 10,567
POST ID # = 1038139
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107
Default

Yes, you can create software profiles and convert them HW profiles as well, although the specifically named one should have been generated automatically saving you a step.

The HW save system doesn't help much with mice. They are simple with limited hardware functionality. The system was designed to help users follow the rules about what can or cannot be saved. Things like keyboards have more complex rules systems and presumably that was the target. Would have been really messy to have some devices work one way and some another, although that basically is what happened in the transition period.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 03-18-2020, 04:16 PM
HeavyHemi HeavyHemi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
POST ID # = 1038175
HeavyHemi Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Yes, you can create software profiles and convert them HW profiles as well, although the specifically named one should have been generated automatically saving you a step.

The HW save system doesn't help much with mice. They are simple with limited hardware functionality. The system was designed to help users follow the rules about what can or cannot be saved. Things like keyboards have more complex rules systems and presumably that was the target. Would have been really messy to have some devices work one way and some another, although that basically is what happened in the transition period.
Er what? You have that backwards. Before, BOTH devices had a simple save to device button. Now it is is complicated mess where it is DIFFERENT. Now, a keyboard has a save button but a mouse does not. Why are you trying to explain to me simple obvious things like keyboards are more complicated than a mouse. So I sound like a moron to you? Wow. Utterly irrelevant to having a consistent method of saving to a device. You sure do post a lot. Most of it inaccurate or just noise. Thanks for the noise.
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 03-18-2020, 04:56 PM
c-attack c-attack is offline
Registered User
c-attack's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 10,567
POST ID # = 1038177
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHemi View Post
Er what? You have that backwards. Before, BOTH devices had a simple save to device button. Now it is is complicated mess where it is DIFFERENT. Now, a keyboard has a save button but a mouse does not. Why are you trying to explain to me simple obvious things like keyboards are more complicated than a mouse. So I sound like a moron to you? Wow. Utterly irrelevant to having a consistent method of saving to a device. You sure do post a lot. Most of it inaccurate or just noise. Thanks for the noise.
Yes, both KBs and mice used to have a "save to device" selection. If you have older hardware it may still work this way. However. most KBs and mice for the last several years have moved to a Hardware Save Slot system. It creates a "name + HW1" save slot. It is device specific. You cannot save anything you want to the device. There are rules regarding the type of actions and the type/number of lighting effects. Mice don't have that many choices or buttons, so they are "simple". Keyboards have considerably more larger number of options and what can or cannot be saved is more complicated. You asked what happened to save to device. I explained. I am not responsible for their decisions.

You obviously did not know this prior to posting or you would not be asking the question. Your rudeness is unwarranted especially when you seem so uninformed. You are welcome to help out and answer all the other questions in the forum. Help is needed. However, a lack of knowledge and a personality disorder are tough obstacles to overcome.
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 03-19-2020, 01:36 AM
HeavyHemi HeavyHemi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
POST ID # = 1038201
HeavyHemi Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Yes, both KBs and mice used to have a "save to device" selection. If you have older hardware it may still work this way. However. most KBs and mice for the last several years have moved to a Hardware Save Slot system. It creates a "name + HW1" save slot. It is device specific. You cannot save anything you want to the device. There are rules regarding the type of actions and the type/number of lighting effects. Mice don't have that many choices or buttons, so they are "simple". Keyboards have considerably more larger number of options and what can or cannot be saved is more complicated. You asked what happened to save to device. I explained. I am not responsible for their decisions.

You obviously did not know this prior to posting or you would not be asking the question. Your rudeness is unwarranted especially when you seem so uninformed. You are welcome to help out and answer all the other questions in the forum. Help is needed. However, a lack of knowledge and a personality disorder are tough obstacles to overcome.
Several years? My K70 is last year. Do not lie and make crap up just because you disagree with a POV. I clearly know how it USED to work. I clearly do not like what they have done.

Also above, your explanation is inept and sloppy. It BY DEFAULT when you create a new profile gives you the option for a software or hardware profile. Apparently you didn't know that. For your own education the only reason I use the the program is to set my defaults for the keyboard and mouse. Then I close the program. I don't use the other functions. So naturally I don't care about them. What I care about is consistency, and EASE OF USE.

Lastly,

"You are welcome to help out and answer all the other questions in the forum. Help is needed. However, a lack of knowledge and a personality disorder are tough obstacles to overcome."

Who the do you think you are giving me your attitude? I don't need your permission for my opinions. Take a break kid see a therapist for your disorder. Who posts that crap? Someone hiding behind a keyboard for too long that's who. Wowser.

Last edited by HeavyHemi; 03-19-2020 at 01:45 AM.
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.