Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.5.25 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.5.25.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.5.25, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.

What version of Windows you're using.

Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue

Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Changelog:

• No new features.

Bug Fixes:

• LINK no longer shows an extra AMD GPU.
  • Updating Lighting Node PRO when daisy-chained to Commander PRO on AMD X399 no longer results in failure.
  • Changing profiles now changes DRAM lighting mode.
  • LINK stability issues on systems with AMD hardware have been mitigated.

Known Issues:

• Some users are reporting disconnection issues with H115i PRO and H150i PRO coolers. (Fix scheduled for next release.)
  • X370 and X399-based systems may still have stability issues. (Fix ongoing.)
  • CPU core numbering may not report correctly for some users. (Fix ongoing.)
  • Extra fans may appear under motherboard info after LINK is left running over an extended period of time. (Fix ongoing.)
  • Mechanical hard disks may not enter sleep state. (Workaround scheduled for next release.)
  • LL RGB fans will require the Corsair LINK software to function. This is a limitation of the Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO hardware.
  • CPUs with more than 16 cores will not report all cores. This is a limitation of Corsair LINK being a 32-bit application.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woooo! New update. 4.9.5.25

Meh. Nothing new added. (lighting effects) I was super excited when the update popped up.

Now I'm just disappointed :(

On the positive side: The bug fixes are good. CPU & memory usage are much lower.

X370 and X399-based systems may still have stability issues. (Fix ongoing.)

I haven't had a single stability issue (Lighting Node Pro) for over 2 weeks on my x370 gaming pro carbon since disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Devices & Printers. Right clicked LNP. Selected Properties, Hardware -> USB input device -> Properties -> Change settings -> Power Management. Unchecked Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power -> Then click OK.

Woooo! New update. 4.9.5.25

Meh. Nothing new added. I was super excited when the update popped up.

Now I'm just disappointed :(

It's true that there may not be any new features however the app/service no longer uses high CPU usage, memory or cause huge handle spikes that were causing issues for numerous LINK users.

It's still not possible to resize the app window but it does remember where is was last opened to it more aligned, but it does still overlap the taskbar hiding the bottom slider.

A new issue I have now encountered is when the app is opened shows nothing but the background wallpaper for 1 min or 2

http://i68.tinypic.com/o77fxj.png

I would like to see version 5 or Sync It

A new issue I have now encountered is when the app is opened shows nothing but the background wallpaper for 1 min or 2

That's actually normal from a "cold start". If you keep Link running, that won't happen. This is for the Link Service to initialize, discover devices, connect to them and start feeding data to the Link UI.

That's actually normal from a "cold start". If you keep Link running, that won't happen. This is for the Link Service to initialize, discover devices, connect to them and start feeding data to the Link UI.

I would normally agree however it wasn't a cold start and had been running for 5 mins i.e. service running app closed and reopened from Taskbar.

I would normally agree however it wasn't a cold start and had been running for 5 mins i.e. service running app closed and reopened from Taskbar.

I've never seen anything like that before. None of my profiles load, no devices, nothing.

Edit: I had to uninstall and reinstall to get my Commander Pro working again after the update.

It's true that there may not be any new features however the app/service no longer uses high CPU usage, memory or cause huge handle spikes that were causing issues for numerous LINK users.

It's still not possible to resize the app window but it does remember where is was last opened to it more aligned, but it does still overlap the taskbar hiding the bottom slider.

I had to uninstall and reinstall to get my Commander Pro working again.

Yay for the PSU monitoring addition :)..

All Good in the hood here aside from the normal 127c sensor in the Mobo tab lol.. its moved to another sensor number with this update.. but it's of no issue as it also gets reported in other monitoring software I had used previous to Link. so I no longer pay attention.. or.... 'Doesn't Look like anything to Me' (Dolores Abernathy)

no dude.. always 127c.. never any less.. never any more...

I have the same issue since a long time now, it's due to a CPU-Z update (Corsair Link uses their API). I've contacted support months ago and never got an answer. :/

OxL0Pr8.png

I have the same issue since a long time now, it's due to a CPU-Z update (Corsair Link uses their API). I've contacted support months ago and never got an answer. :/

OxL0Pr8.png

Yeah.. I just live with it.. currently named as Texas lol

3GrrCCn.png

I am not so sure the first 2 are genuine either.. they never move and also match yours lol and given we both have MSI Gaming boards...

Wow. This update is terrible. The blank UI is back again. No profiles work. Nothing.

Does anyone at Corsair actually test these updates before rolling them out?

Yes, they do. Unfortunately, it's impossible to test every variation of every system out there.

Now ... for your issue. You have an EVGA video card. Are you running XOC? If so, shut it down and try to restart Link. If it works, we have the culprit.

What we've been seeing lately - and we've been seeing it a lot - is that EVGA XOC attempts to hijack RGB control of the Corsair devices. You need to disable RGB sync on XOC or just not run XOC.

Yes, they do. Unfortunately, it's impossible to test every variation of every system out there.

Now ... for your issue. You have an EVGA video card. Are you running XOC? If so, shut it down and try to restart Link. If it works, we have the culprit.

What we've been seeing lately - and we've been seeing it a lot - is that EVGA XOC attempts to hijack RGB control of the Corsair devices. You need to disable RGB sync on XOC or just not run XOC.

I have completely (manually) removed the RGB control app component in XOC and still see this problem. I hope it can be resolved.

I have completely removed the RGB control app in XOC.

And? You'll need to completely shut down Link and the Link Service.

Also, it has a tendency of crashing the drivers. You may need to reboot after completely disabling it - OR - go to device manager and enabled the devices.

did your sensor also shown 0c static and sometime it up to 127c?

same problem with me.

This is standard fare on all the Asus Z370 boards. No idea what sensor it’s trying to read. Probably the missing VRM sensor report. If you worry about the temp data, pull the valid ones onto the image on the configuration tab. Leave the junk in the margin.

Archived