Corsair Community

Node + HD120RGB + firmware update wreaking havok

westonbahr

Hello,

After completion of my PC, I turned it on, and all six Corsair HD120 RGB fans and the 4 light strips lit up like a 70's acid trip. However, after installing Corsair Link 4.8.0.82, it prompted me to update the firmware on the Lighting Node Pro. I clicked proceed, all lights immediately went out, and it hung at 1% for the next hour. I cancelled the firmware update, restarted the PC, reinstalled Link, and started searching online. I found several corsair forum postings about how to manually install the firmware using a pin and accessing the recovery storage on the device. It did not work. Sometimes I get the first fan in the chain to work, and sometimes not. I havent seen any of the other 5 since the first update. I tried every FW version that I could find on the forums, (0.1.46 , 0.2.54 , 0.265 , 0.3.72). Ive been trying to find an older version of Link, but I cant seem to find a link for 4.5.055.

Does anyone have any advice or a solution? Any help is appreciated!

(Update)

In one fell swoop, Red-Ray has solved this issue! It turns out that its not a driver issue, but simply that I missed the Plus/minus buttons next to the first LED in each channel. So if you experience this issue, then try that before flashing the firmware more times than you can count! Big thanks to Red-Ray!

(End Update)

I should note that i customized all six of the HD120 RGB fans to have shorter fan cables,but did not modify the rgb cable. I also painted the exterior housing from black to silver. As such, I doubt an RMA is possible if thats really what it came down to. The Node Pro is unmodified.

Additional System Specs:

AMD Ryzen 1700X

Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero

32gb Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB

EVGA GTX 1050ti

Corsair HX750i

Corsair HD120 x6

Corsair Lighting node Pro firmware 0.3.72

Windows 10 Pro

CL4 may not be correctly setup, can you post the CL4 LED configureation panel so we can check?

Thank you for your response Red-Ray. I had to flash the firmware again in order to get these screenshots, as CL4 wasnt recognizing that a Node Pro was presnt in the system. After the flash though, it thinks it has 0.2.65 on it, when I had put the file for 0.3.72, so that seems strange...

CL4_Main_Screen.thumb.png.be2c3ec3a5519893be9c05262fa9c11a.png

CL4_LED_Settings.thumb.png.05922f144b66de2b6607c2858d113bc8.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=30472&d=1501430325

Thank you for your response Red-Ray. I had to flash the firmware again in order to get these screenshots, as CL4 wasnt recognizing that a Node Pro was presnt in the system. After the flash though, it thinks it has 0.2.65 on it, when I had put the file for 0.3.72, so that seems strange...

I suspect you need to press [ + ] to add more LED strips.

I suspect you need to press [ + ] to add more LED strips.

Thank you! That definitely did the trick! That worked for the six fans too! I guess the failed firmware update was a red herring that blinded me to the simple Plus button hahaha. I appreciate your swift response!

Thank you! That definitely did the trick! That worked for the six fans too! I guess the failed firmware update was a red herring that blinded me to the simple Plus button hahaha. I appreciate your swift response!

You are far from being the first and suspect you won't be the last to overlook this.

You are far from being the first and suspect you won't be the last to overlook this.

Im sure. I had assumed that since I was using the two channels of the Node Pro, that I should only see two channels in the software. I was not expecting this level of control (though Im pleasantly surprised!)

Thank you again!

OK i have the exact same setup and CL4 doesnt even give me an option as it doesnt even recognize the hardware anymore and my CPU is new

When you posted this I noticed it and did not reply as you failed to provide any information that could give a clue as to what is wrong or do as I suggest in my SIV thread.

You have now e-mailed me when I feel you should be asking Corsair Support for help.

Given you specified "I;ve been reading your stuff for months" then you should know I would need this information to be able to help you and provided it.

1. The SIV initial + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved.
  2. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png.
  3. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date and specify the Windows Build number.
  4. Check the devices are present on Devices and Printers and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.
  5. ALL of the files in the siv.zip release should be extracted to C:\Program Files\SIV\ or similar and SIV should be run from there.

Archived