Corsair Community

Help to swap Windows and ALT keys on macOS

jb007

I'm trying to work out how to swap the Windows and ALT keys on my K95 Platinum keyboard.

I'm running macOS Mojave and iCUE Software (macOS) version 3.16.56.

I have Mac keycaps that replace the standard Windows keycaps, so this is why I want to swap the position of both the LH and RH Windows keys.

I known the CKB-Next application can do this do this, but I would like to use Mac iCUE software if possible.

Picture of new ALT and CMD Keys

• 5 months later...

You probably found a solution. I just saw this today. You just need to remap the keys.

See :

https://www.powermax.com/how-to-remap-keys-on-your-mac/

Overview :

Step 1: Open System Preferences → Keyboard → Modifier Keys.

Step 2: Select your third-party Windows keyboard via the Select keyboard drop down box.

Step 3: For the Option (⌥) Key setting, select ⌘ Command.

Step 4: For the Command (⌘) Key setting, select (⌥) Option.

Step 5: Click OK and close System Preferences.

• 3 weeks later...

Mind if I ask where you got the mac keycaps?

I'm trying to work out how to swap the Windows and ALT keys on my K95 Platinum keyboard.

I'm running macOS Mojave and iCUE Software (macOS) version 3.16.56.

I have Mac keycaps that replace the standard Windows keycaps, so this is why I want to swap the position of both the LH and RH Windows keys.

I known the CKB-Next application can do this do this, but I would like to use Mac iCUE software if possible.

Picture of new ALT and CMD Keys

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Mind if I ask where you got the mac keycaps?

I got mine from MaxKeyboard.

I found the required symbol files on Reddit, and MaxKeyboard printed them for me. MaxKeyboard were kind enough to have mine delivered via DHL instead of regular post as I was afraid I might not get them (My delivery was from US to India).

You can view my keycaps here.

Edited by sidx64

I have the same question! Where did you get the keycaps. I am considering buying a K70 MK2 Low Profile, but since I don't know if I am going to buy a Mac or build a PC I would like the keycaps to have the MacOS symbols for command and option on them.

MaxKeyboard is a good place to get your Customized Keycap. Look at my previous post for more details.