CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock LP

MB: Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WiFi

RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000 C15

SSD for OS: Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB

HDD: WD Blue WD20EZRZ, 2TB

CD/DVD: HL-DT-DT DVDRA ATAPI

GraphicS Asus: ROG-STRIX-RX560-4G-GAMING 4GB DDR5 DVI/HDMI/DP

Power Supply: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

First day: installed Win 8.1, worked fine with some warnings about hardware not being compatible with 8.1 so wanted to update later on.

Next day: tryed out the DDR a bit by browsing Flickr in Chrome, loading large quantities of photos and got a BSOD. Got back in, removed all current software and drivers and decided to update to Win 10, and the update program crashed with a BSOD.

Back in, I used an app from the supplier to update all drivers, tried again and crashed again only this time Win 8.1 wouldn't boot. Tried restoring it with the Win 8.1 CD, no effect so got a Win 10 USB in the shop. Both installers get stuck around 70% during "getting files ready" going to a BSOD.

BSOD's:

Stopcode: Bad pool header

Stopcode: Dpc watchdog violation

Stopcode: Kmode exception not handled

What failed: ntfs.sys

Stopcode: Driver irql not less or equal

What failed: classpnp.sys

Stopcode: Page fault in nonpaged area

What failed: ntfs.sys

Stopcode: System service exeption

What failed: win32kbase.sys

What I tried so far:

- Nuked SSD in Parted Magic

- Put installation USB in 2.0 USB (because no need of drivers)

- Installed all drivers I could find for MB in Win 10 installation befor installing OS.

- Updated outdated BIOS to F6e

- Run test on SSD/HDD, no problems

- Run test on DDR: full of errors after a short while so I think thats the issue and think I might have installed faulty hardware.

I read about other problems on the board, with no clear solution and many claiming there there can be a lot of compatibility issues with Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000 C15 and some MB's. I wanted to take it out and reinstall the DDR it this weekend, maybe that does the trick (did on me Acer).

Does anyone else have the same issues, or any suggestions/solutions?

What is your ram speed and at what voltage set from bios? Are the ram sticks inserted in the correct slots (see user manual). Finally try using one stick at a time and run memtest for a few passes and see what happens. Last suggestion try swapping slots between your ram sticks.

Archived