Corsair Community

iCUE v3.36.125 Patch Notes

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

iCUE v3.36.125 Patch Notes::

• We now have plugin support for customizing RGB lighting on NVIDIA 3080FE and 3090FE cards. For this first implementation, the RGB zone can be customized and sync with the rest of your ICUE compatible devices. In future versions, we will allow you to control the brightness of the white logo and will also be implementing fan control.

• Added PHOGS! profiles to iCUE 3.36

• Implemented Button Optimization for Harpoon RGB Wireless - this allows you to adjust the debounce time on your mouse clicks

• Resolved an issue that if update iCUE directly, it will show (1) after product name

• Resolved an issue that iCUE does not show indicators for buttons that have already been assigned

• Resolved an issue for iCUE Actions macro with Double Click

• Resolved an issue for Nexus that able to press Mute/Unmute mic on Void Wireless headsets while the mic boom is up

• Resolved an issue for Nexus that Unable to type a key for Actions-Macro-Keyboard Events

• Resolved an issue that certain Hydro Series Coolers incorrectly showing a tool tip to rearrange fan order

• Resolved an issue that Lighting zones for the Elite Capellix pump cap rings are off by 90 degrees

• Resolved an issue for Headsets that the microphone UI is outside of the iCUE Window when the iCUE language is changed

• Resolved an issue that iCUE crashes when trying to save certain profiles onto the K100

• Resolved an issue that ICUE crashes when clicking image of M55 RGB Pro after sleep state

• Resolved an issue that Lighting Profiles cannot be imported for CORSAIR ONE (2019+) systems

• Resolved other various minor bugs and issues

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iCUE v3.36.125 Patch Notes::

• We now have plugin support for customizing RGB lighting on NVIDIA 3080FE and 3090FE cards. For this first implementation, the RGB zone can be customized and sync with the rest of your ICUE compatible devices. In future versions, we will allow you to control the brightness of the white logo and will also be implementing fan control.

Only for 30X0FE cards? Or it works for asus strix/tuf 30x0 also?

Resolved other various minor bugs and issues

Is there any information on if this fixes iCue crashing when windows 10 wakes up from sleep? I see this behavior on one system but not on another windows 10 system, and have not yet been able to track down why it is occurring.

Could you please take an urgent look at the ongoing Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter crash on restart that is affecting many of us , on my system it is linked to the nVidia Settings program which if exited prior to reset prevents the crash showing in the reliability monitor.

A manual replacement of the Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter file with file version 3.25.0.2 also resolves this completely for me, is it really this hard to trace?

Hoping for a resolution

SiDeSaLaD

Edited by Technobeard
removed quote

Okay I see no mention of this in the release notes but think it's worth sharing some credit where it's due - and also have another small bug report to make.

First the good news. Install gone without a hitch and no apparent problems.

The real good news: I'm seeing a big drop in iCue-related CPU usage after installing this build. Especially with the Dashboard open - it's gone from circa 8-9.5% to around 0.8-1.5%, and possibly most importantly, cores are no longer being held almost exclusively at full boost clock when it's foregrounded. Looks as though it's finally using some GPU acceleration - which didn't appear to be the case with any of the earlier builds.

I've been logging and graphing up the CPU utilisation/core clock/C-state percentages/etc of the last few iCue releases so it's going to be interesting running the same set of experiments on this one and seeing how it compares. Doesn't immediately look like a reduction in hardware polling or graph redraw rates has taken place, so whatever's happened to get to the bottom of this, kudos - it never seemed right that this bit of the UI took so much processor to draw previously.

On the face of it a big improvement on this one. Will be interesting to see what other users with CPU utilisation concerns make of it too.

Also, on the subject of bugs, when you guys fixed the AXi PSU resume from S3/S4 bug a few weeks back, there is one remaining scenario where this can still manifest: start from S5 (i.e. cold boot). In fact I think this glitch was introduced when you fixed S3/S4.

If the system is Shut Down with a custom PSU fan profile in use, on next restart, the custom profile won't be reapplied (i.e. iCue will show that the custom profile is in use, but the fan will behave as if in default zero rpm mode).

Potential fixes/workarounds right now are either disabling Windows 10 Fast Start, or just manually removing then reapplying the fan profile inside iCue once the OS is up. If there's anything you can do on this, great, but given that resume from S3/S4 now work perfectly, this is relatively minor in comparison.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by Citizen Crazed

• Corsair Employee
Could you please take an urgent look at the ongoing Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter crash on restart that is affecting many of us , on my system it is linked to the nVidia Settings program which if exited prior to reset prevents the crash showing in the reliability monitor.

A manual replacement of the Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter file with file version 3.25.0.2 also resolves this completely for me, is it really this hard to trace?

Hoping for a resolution

SiDeSaLaD

SideSalad, I will take a look into this.

even with ICUE open, Corsair service and icue combined cpu usage is less than 2%. it seems to use same amount regardless of icue open or closed. I think it was slightly lower with last version when icue is closed.

GPU utilization seems like it is based on which tab you are looking at. still very high gpu usage on tabs with lighting or graphs. no GPU usage on Home tab. previous version had high gpu usage regardless of the tab you were on.

overall good improvement.

Edited by cavemankr

With this version, my LNP channel 2 is not working with any preset. (it has 4 strips)

I tried re importing presets, no avail.

The strips themselves work, I can see them turning on in hardware modem also if I try any of the "lighting library" modes (all hardware driver I presume) But not while driven by iCUE, they're completely off.

EDIT:

I see why, none of the LEDs are selected on the layers for channel 2. They're all unselected now. Seems like the software has a bug and doesn't import those settings. I also tried wiping out all presets and layers and re import known working ones. Didn't help.

That's a big problem, I had specific LEDs assigned to each layer that I cannot possibly remember now.

Where can I download the previous version to downgrade?

Never had this problem (or any other) in any previous iCUE version.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

Sacco, the previous version is still available at https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.35.152_release.msi.

If you're not already aware of this, you'll need to uninstall the new build (selecting the option to preserve settings etc) before being able to install an older one.

It might well be a moot point now given you've wiped and re-imported the settings, but for future reference, before updating, it doesn't do any harm saving a copy of %AppData%/Corsair/Cue/*.* and %ProgramData%/Corsair/Cue/*.* (both inc subfolders, and might be worth showing hidden files as well) somewhere safe. That way, any problems, you'll have your old working configuration preserved and ready to copy back in place when reinstalling older builds.

• Corsair Employee
With this version, my LNP channel 2 is not working with any preset. (it has 4 strips)

I tried re importing presets, no avail.

The strips themselves work, I can see them turning on in hardware modem also if I try any of the "lighting library" modes (all hardware driver I presume) But not while driven by iCUE, they're completely off.

EDIT:

I see why, none of the LEDs are selected on the layers for channel 2. They're all unselected now. Seems like the software has a bug and doesn't import those settings. I also tried wiping out all presets and layers and re import known working ones. Didn't help.

That's a big problem, I had specific LEDs assigned to each layer that I cannot possibly remember now.

Where can I download the previous version to downgrade?

Never had this problem (or any other) in any previous iCUE version.

I will also investigate this.

Can you investigate why it is taking so much space?

x1WsJna.png

Why can't we select what goes in C:\ProgramData\Corsair\CUE\GameSdkEffects? I don't have any of the games listed there. Safe to delete?

pZ0YJVO.png

550MB in C:\ProgramData\Corsair

660MB in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair

285MB for this file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\modules\ManifestSharedResources.dll

Is there any information on if this fixes iCue crashing when windows 10 wakes up from sleep? I see this behavior on one system but not on another windows 10 system, and have not yet been able to track down why it is occurring.

Same. So annoying. iCue seems to crash about every 2 to 3 times after resuming from sleep, but not every time.

Hoping for a resolution

SiDeSaLaD

SideSalad, I will take a look into this.

Thanks since this version is throwing this same error.

icue is using CPUz 1.50 from what I can see and I've been getting crashes because of it, confirmed by crash dumps. I think they need to update CPUz to 1.98.x.

Renaming all of the 'cpuid' files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software to *.disable EXCEPT for Corsair.Module.CpuIdDevice.dll fixes the crashes for me. Unfortunately the Corsair.Module.CpuIdDevice.dll is required for the corsair service to run.

Interesting that your patch notes don't mention the CPU load problem... The last few updates did mention this as an improvement, but I did not see any positive effects. After installing THIS update however, iCUE is using much less CPU, pretty much negligible amounts!

It is still jumping up to the old values from time to time, but overall this update has been a huge boon; I am seeing less issues while using CPU-intensive programs! Many thanks to the iCUE team for this!

oKPRWHs.jpg