Corsair Community

Huge iCue 3.8.91 Bug

GreenArrow18

I downloaded the latest iCue from Corsair's Website today because the current 3.7.99 was telling me it was the current version. After I installed the new version 3.8.91 I could hear all audio across the PC WITH the exception of any form of Voice chat. In Overwatch I could be heard by my team in chat, but i could not hear them. In Discord I could not hear in any voice chanel nor direct call with a person. Even in my chrome browser with Facebook I could not hear, but only heard. Since upgrading was the only thing I did, and once I reverted back to 3.7.99 the issue went away. (thankfully i still had the other installer since this PC is new) I find this to be quite odd.

That is quite odd. I've not seen that with my Void Pro Wireless.

Did you check that the Audio Devices were configured correctly in Windows and the apps? I did have an issue not too long ago where an install (NVidia drivers, in fact) changed things around and I finally found that it set the Default Communications Device to something different. That's in the Sound Control panel ... and you have to click the "Down Arrow" on Set Default to set the default communications device. Drove me crazy(er).

That is quite odd. I've not seen that with my Void Pro Wireless.

Did you check that the Audio Devices were configured correctly in Windows and the apps? I did have an issue not too long ago where an install (NVidia drivers, in fact) changed things around and I finally found that it set the Default Communications Device to something different. That's in the Sound Control panel ... and you have to click the "Down Arrow" on Set Default to set the default communications device. Drove me crazy(er).

Yep, Checked my default device for both regular and for communication. Considering the Firmware for the HS70 is the same going from 3.7.99 to 3.8.91 I would suspect that somehow the firmware for the HS70 in the 3.8.91 installer is corrupt.

Archived