Corsair Community

CMK16GX4M2A2133C13 Issues With Ryzen 7 1800x?

gcwilliam98

Good Night, folks.

[bEFORE BEGINNING, I CONFIRM THAT I ALREADY TRIED D.O.C.P. (XMP), MANUALLY SETTING TIMINGS, AND CHANGING VOLTAGES]

I'll try to make this quick, I have 2 sticks which came in a proper kit. I was using them on my Gigabyte H110M-H with XMP (without it would BSOD).

I bought a Ryzen 7 and a ASUS B350M-A to use it, but my two sticks (which were perfectly detected by the MOBO with 8192M each) would only give me as "Memory Size" the same 8192MB.

a56f6c08-b26b-4f2f-9081-43be5217b7e4.jpg

It happens that I'm not able to use them on stock speed (2133) and I can only use them at 16GB dual channel by 1866MHz.

73405466-a141-427b-b91b-8cbaa24d667a.jpg

There are no faulty slots on the new MOBO.

Was this meant to be normal?

Thanks!

Edited by gcwilliam98

• 11 months later...

That doesn't seem normal. One would expect the total amount of ram to have been calculated as 16GB no matter the speed.

There are no faulty slots on the new MOBO.

By your statement I assume you have tested each ram slot one by one with each memory stick? If you only have one ram stick in slot A2 can you run it at DDR4-2133 with everything else set to AUTO?

Does your ram kit have a version with the model number? Do you know if it is a single-rank or dual-rank kit?

BIOS/UEFI versions can have an impact on ram compatibility. Do you have the ability with the motherboard to flash different versions of BIOS?

Edited by A Computer Guy