Corsair Community

iCue Monitoring.

HughWattmate

Please let us just disable all monitoring. I have better stuff to monitor my temps than iCue. I only use the software for my mouse. Having it open causes a huge jump in voltage going to my Ryzen 3800x. The latest update did't solve anything. I can close it down and see it drop from 1.45 down to 1.2 instantly! The moment i open iCue again its right back up at 1.45 killing my CPU.

I would like to ditch the software all together, but unfortunately there is a bug with the mouse that causes camera/ movement to be strange in games/ Loading iCue solves this but yeah.. 1.45v's to the cpu...

I see no reason why the software should be forcing monitoring anyways just drop it with a toggle switch for the love of god. This issue is getting more widely known and will just hit your bottom line sooner or later when people avoid your products. Personally if i had the option now id have avoided your product's for the sake of my £380 cpu that its destroying.

I've got the same problem, but I've got a 2700x with 6 iCUE devices. Voltages stay high while it's running, and go back to fluctuating when it's stopped or uninstalled. I'm on the 3.18.77 version so its not just 3000 series being effected.

• Corsair Employee
I've got the same problem, but I've got a 2700x with 6 iCUE devices. Voltages stay high while it's running, and go back to fluctuating when it's stopped or uninstalled. I'm on the 3.18.77 version so its not just 3000 series being effected.

Stated by AMD, this isn't specific to iCUE. This is a problem related to monitoring software and the 3000/2000 series CPU's. You can try the solution I offered above, which will turn off the Hardware related iCUE functions, or wait for further BIOS updates.

Stated by AMD, this isn't specific to iCUE. This is a problem related to monitoring software and the 3000/2000 series CPU's. You can try the solution I offered above, which will turn off the Hardware related iCUE functions, or wait for further BIOS updates.

AMD released new chipset drivers to fix the power plan issues today. CPU-Z + Ryzen master (updated today) can be ran just fine without any issue as can hardware monitor, cam, hwinfo. The only program i have had issue with is iCue. So yeah at this point i'd say its an iCue issue as others have managed to solve it just fine. Plus seems to feel like everyone not just myself would like an option to turn off monitoring.

BTW the post from amd can be found here https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2019/07/30/community-update-5-let-s-talk-clocks-voltages-and-destiny-2 along with the chipset drivers. Now please fix the software, or add something to the box to say the hardware does not support ryzen cpus and may cause unnecessary ware over time and shorten the lifespan.

Edited by HughWattmate

• 3 months later...
Go to Services.msc, locate the Corsair Service, right click it and select Properties, change Startup Type to Disabled, and then Select Service Status Stop. That should turn it off and keep it off until u start the service again in services msc.

This isn't a fix it just kills the program I'd like to be able to use my custom profiles for my peripherals and get the best out of my new processor.

Can you please just provide the ability to disable monitoring I don't need it in the ICUE software.

Or tell me which DLL is controlling it and il try running it without it.

Thanks

I have LL120 Fans and Corsair LED strips in my EK res and blocks too. Makes no difference and setting the polling on my mouse and keyboard to max time of 8ms makes not difference either along with disabling full software control on my RAM.

Any suggestions?

Edited by PrimalFear656