Corsair Community

H80i v2 - High Temperatures [Help]

aurojr

Hi there,

I installed a H80i v2 on my PC, but I think that the temperatures are too high:

Idle: 36ºC - 40ºC

Full Load: 70ºC -78ºC

Even using the corsai Link in performance mode did not solve the problem.

I am using a stock configs (including disabling the Intel TurboBoost). I also tried to reinstall H80i v2, tighten the screws and clean and apply thermal paste.

Here is my specs:

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 - Z170X

Intel i7 6700k

16GB RAM DDR4 2133 (OC 3200MHz)

HDD 1TB Seagate

SSD 240GB Kingston

Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC

PSU Thermaltake DPS G RGB 650W

Could some one help me? :[pouts:

Post the CL4 [home] tab

How much TIM did you use? It should be a blob about the size of a small pea.

I put a small drop of the paste and spread it on the processor. I've even looked at various tutorials on how to use the thermal paste, but I think I'll do this again to make sure I'm doing it right.

I'm at work now, but coming home I'll post a picture of the CL4.

one more question: How you installed your FANs? I used Push and Pull config.

Thanks for while! :)

Until we know the coolant + room/case temperature then I feel it's not sensible to comment about fans and airflow.

Where is the H80iV2 mounted and is it input or exhaust? What other case fans do you have?

I just noticed you have a Thermaltake DPS G RGB 650W which is think reports information via USB, does it? If so I would be interested to hear if my SIV utility reports it, if not then what does [uSB Bus] display?

Hello,

Well, first I have to infomar that time of year where I live (Brazil) is summer, which helps with the heat.

My case is a Thermaltake Core P3, ie fully open and ventilated.

Below, my screens in Idle and Full Load (I used the Far Cry benchmark tool). At Idle temperature between 40-46 ° C. Full Load between 60 - 64ºC.

I tested it with BF1 also, and the temperature closed at 74 ° C.

All games were set to Ultra mode.

Idle:

http://i.imgur.com/G2skeBS.png

Full Load:

http://i.imgur.com/0vzcPYR.jpg

I don't know if it's normal, but other users got better results.

Is it normal?

Unfortunately, this is likely as good as you can do. You haven't given your room temperature, but I can approximate the case ambient temperature from the drive and coolant data above. Ultimately, that is what really matters anyway.

In your current configuration, your idle coolant temperatue (H80i v2 Temp) is ~33C. This is more or less the lowest possible baseline CPU temperature you can have under your current conditions. Want to drop your idle by 10C? Drop the room temp by 10C. Sadly, that is probably not possible but it the reason your comparisons don't measure up with others. You likely have room temps in upper 20's at that time of year, as are mine on Summer afternoons. If I picked up your system and dropped in my office right now, every temperature you have would be 11C lower and only because the room temperature is 11C lower.

Personally, I think those are good gaming temperature for Summertime and a H80i that is likely rear mounted above the GPU. The problem most users run into in that configuration is warmer than expected CPU temps during gaming as the GPU waste heat raises the baseline H80i coolant temp, simply through proximity to the GPU. What you are seeing is your own worst case scenario and yet you still have a fair amount of head room. As for the CPU only stress benchmarks, it is a Haswell so your CPU will always be the limiting factor in your cooling attempts, not the heat dissipation of the cooler. Be careful using BF1 as a diagnostic tool. There are too many variables in that one to make it reliable and it is clearly a peaky type of load.

Unfortunately, this is likely as good as you can do. You haven't given your room temperature, but I can approximate the case ambient temperature from the drive and coolant data above. Ultimately, that is what really matters anyway.

In your current configuration, your idle coolant temperatue (H80i v2 Temp) is ~33C. This is more or less the lowest possible baseline CPU temperature you can have under your current conditions. Want to drop your idle by 10C? Drop the room temp by 10C. Sadly, that is probably not possible but it the reason your comparisons don't measure up with others. You likely have room temps in upper 20's at that time of year, as are mine on Summer afternoons. If I picked up your system and dropped in my office right now, every temperature you have would be 11C lower and only because the room temperature is 11C lower.

Personally, I think those are good gaming temperature for Summertime and a H80i that is likely rear mounted above the GPU. The problem most users run into in that configuration is warmer than expected CPU temps during gaming as the GPU waste heat raises the baseline H80i coolant temp, simply through proximity to the GPU. What you are seeing is your own worst case scenario and yet you still have a fair amount of head room. As for the CPU only stress benchmarks, it is a Haswell so your CPU will always be the limiting factor in your cooling attempts, not the heat dissipation of the cooler. Be careful using BF1 as a diagnostic tool. There are too many variables in that one to make it reliable and it is clearly a peaky type of load.

Thanks for help! This week the temperature got down, I will make more tests. I will install an air conditioning to refresh the ambient.

Archived