Corsair Community

Liquid cooling system that works with Carbide Spec-03

kumbhare

I have ordered Carbide Spec-03.

I am planning to build a system with following components for work (need to run multiple VMs) and play:

Asus Z170-A

i7-6700K - slight overclocking ~4.5-4.6

EVGA GTX 970 FTW (not planning SLI now or later, will use single GPU)

Venegance LPX 4*8GB

I am looking for a liquid cooler that will work best with the system and I can mount in one of the front fan slots of the Spec 03, so that the rear exhaust fan remains intact.

please let me know if that is possible and which cooling system will be a good value (H50/60/75/80i/90)?

Thanks,

Alok

Thanks Dustin. I thought putting it at the front as one of the intake fans to get outside cool air might be better. But I will follow your advice.. which of the two airflow configuration would you suggest A or B: http://i63.tinypic.com/2qks5eb.png

Just a little advice. I have a SPEC-03 case with an H80IGT installed in it. I initially had it mounted as an exhaust push-pull configuration with a reference Nvidia GTX 760 installed below it in PCIe 1 slot. The reference card has a closed shroud on it for cooling. I replaced it with an XFX R9 380 that has dual 90mm fans and an open shroud on it and first thing I noticed after installing the R9 380 was my CPU temps went up due to the H80IGT radiator inhaling all the hot air off of the graphics card... So depending on the type of cooling your graphics card has I would say its going to be trial and error. I now have my H80IGT intaking air from the rear (Fan setup now identical to item B in your image) and my temps are back to normal.

Archived