Corsair Community

H100i cleaning Radiator, (Do I)

ImtheBest

• Corsair Employee
If the radiator has dust build-up, then yes, clean your radiator. Restricting airflow through the radiator fins will result in higher CPU (or GPU if used with a GPU bracket such as our HG10) temperatures.

OK Fauxbeard. My radiator has all white or grey across the radiator above the fans. How would i go about cleaning it. Do i have to take it all off to do so or can i just take the fans off and clean it. And how would i do it whats the best way.

When it comes to cleaning a Hydro Series, I remove the fans first, then use a paint brush tool which I use gently on the fins, after that I use a DataVac which I bought from Amazon a few years back. It's a method that works perfectly and I've been doing it for a pretty long time.

You can use Compressed air cans to blast away the dust, or if you have a vacuum cleaner that can blow air (like the oreck xl handheld vac) that will also work and its what I normally use to quickly blow dust out of the system, an air compressor with a blowing tool will also work just make sure the pressure is set to low since you can bend the rad up if its too high

and worse case scenario you can run the rad under water (don't get the pump wet though put it in a sealed baggie or something )

btw make sure the "white" you are seeing is really dust and just not the color of the metal since they don't actually fully paint the inside of the rad where the fins are so it can have white / silver look

When it comes to cleaning a Hydro Series, I remove the fans first, then use a paint brush tool which I use gently on the fins, after that I use a DataVac which I bought from Amazon a few years back. It's a method that works perfectly and I've been doing it for a pretty long time.

^+1: this... sometimes, all it takes is the light paint brush tool and a can of air to finish off the dust. I personally do this chore outside because I don't want the dust to linger in my house. Everyone is different, but I usually do a radiator dust cleaning every 4-5 months. You'd be surprised how quickly dust that sneaks into your case will build up (even with dust intake filters).

Which paint brush should i get?. And how should i do it up and down or side to side. And how soft would u say i have to be with it i tend to have a harder grip then others so soft for me might be different. If its a little harder with it matter.

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW

I'm going to get one of these and which part after do u use to clean after your down with the paint brush. Also when your using the paint brush tool do u use the delta to suck it up.

Thank u

Which paint brush should i get?. And how should i do it up and down or side to side. And how soft would u say i have to be with it i tend to have a harder grip then others so soft for me might be different. If its a little harder with it matter.

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW

I'm going to get one of these and which part after do u use to clean after your down with the paint brush. Also when your using the paint brush tool do u use the delta to suck it up.

Thank u

I bought a paint brush since I lost the one that came with the DataVac. (you can see it as the 3rd one, starting from the left in the picture). So no need for you to buy another one. When it comes to cleaning, I personally clean it from side to another. Feels more effective, to me at least.

As to how gentle you should be? You don't have to be super delicate with it, nor I'm saying you should go bananas, as well! Just be a little bit cautious and you'll be fine. :)

This DataVac model only blows air. If you're looking for a vacuum/blower unit, there's this one: http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-MDV-1BADATAVac-Computer/dp/B00006IAOR/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

Let me know if you got any more questions. ::pirate::

• 2 weeks later...

Archived