Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR VIRTUOSO Pearl & Espresso Colorways

Corsair Albert

• Corsair Employee

attachment.php?attachmentid=40868&stc=1&d=1617156513

Hey everyone,

We’re bringing some refreshing colorways to the CORSAIR VIRTUOSO line-up – PEARL and ESPRESSO! We've heard your feedback and expanded the color options you can choose from, tailored around your style. In case you guys weren’t already familiar with our VIRTUOSOs, here’s a few quick highlights:

• Hear audio as they’re intended to be heard with uncompromising sound quality that is delivered through immersive 7.1 surround sound and well-tuned 50mm neodymium speakers

• Enjoy the freedom without a wire and never skip a beat with CORSAIR SLIPSTREAM wireless technology

• No need to repeat yourself to your teammates when you’re being heard in crystal clear clarity via a broadcast-grade detachable microphone

Click the following for more information: Pearl, Espresso. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: Besides color, is there any other difference between the Pearl and Espresso?

A: Yes, the Espresso is the SE variant, which comes with a storage pouch, 9.5mm (vs 4mm) microphone, and micro-perforation RGB lighting (vs. normal RGB) on each ear cup.

Q: Will these work with next-gen consoles?

A: VIRTUOSOs will be compatible with the PS5. In the meantime, you can use VIRTUOSOs without any worry with PC and PS4. Xbox is not supported.

Q: Can I charge and use this headset at the same time?

A: Yep! If you've forgotten to charge the headset before logging off last night, no need to worry about missing out on the action.

Q: How do I enable 7.1 surround sound?

A: You can enable 7.1 surround sound via our powerful iCUE software. From there, you'll also be able to access pre-tuned audio profiles, EQ settings, sidetone control, and RGB lighting.

Feel free to drop some questions below! What do you guys think about the new looks?

1329131537_Image1.thumb.png.1a617684a8f2dbbff16384ce249271a6.png

Edited by Corsair Albert

• Corsair Employee
Instead of bringing new colorways, can you fix the drivers/firmware for it? I'm finding threads from over a year ago without solutions for the Virtuoso. Headset is frozen/not responsive, and iCue no longer recognizes it. I've had it for a month...

Hey bmg50barrett,

We've fixed this issue with a firmware update. I recommend checking to see if your VIRTUOSO firmware versions are:

Virtuoso headset: v 0.17.149 or later

Virtuoso headset wireless dongle: v 0.15.76 or later

If you're unable to update due to the headset being unresponsive then try the following steps:

1. Make sure your headset is in USB mode and your computer is turned on.
  2. Plug the headset into your computer with a USB Type C-A cable.
  3. Unplug the headset from your computer.
  4. Unplug the headset dongle from your computer.
  5. Plug the dongle back into your computer.
  6. Make sure your headset is in USB mode, then plug your headset back into your computer.
  7. Leave your headset plugged in for 15 minutes so the battery can reach minimum charge.
  8. See if your headset works as normal.

If the issue persists then please get in touch with our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com and they'll provide further solutions.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine works just fine no issues but im wondering if they could bake into the firmware that the RBGs are off by default without ICue installed and while charging. I like having them off to save battery and it means I have to keep this ICue software loaded at all times just for the headset which is a bummer since it takes up Ram.

• Corsair Employee
Mine works just fine no issues but im wondering if they could bake into the firmware that the RBGs are off by default without ICue installed and while charging. I like having them off to save battery and it means I have to keep this ICue software loaded at all times just for the headset which is a bummer since it takes up Ram.

That's valid feedback - I'll be sure to take note of this. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Q: Will these work with next-gen consoles?

A: VIRTUOSOs will be compatible with the PS5. In the meantime, you can use VIRTUOSOs without any worry with PC and PS4. Xbox is not supported.

Why is the Xbox series X not supported, the next generation xbox supports headsets through USB

• Corsair Employee
Why is the Xbox series X not supported, the next generation xbox supports headsets through USB

We commend the new Xbox's step-up in headset support via USB and look forward to working with it, but this does not void us from requiring each headset to be officially licensed through Microsoft/Xbox. Currently our only licensed headset is the HS75 XB WIRELESS, which is even equipped with Dolby Atmos. We will have more licensed headsets in the coming year.

Edited by Corsair Albert

• 4 weeks later...
We commend the new Xbox's step-up in headset support via USB and look forward to working with it, but this does not void us from requiring each headset to be officially licensed through Microsoft/Xbox. Currently our only licensed headset is the HS75 XB WIRELESS, which is even equipped with Dolby Atmos. We will have more licensed headsets in the coming year.

i'd also like an support for the new xbox series x, cause i'd like to use together with my pc

will there be a chance at all to get it working or that you guys will get the license?

• Corsair Employee
i'd also like an support for the new xbox series x, cause i'd like to use together with my pc

will there be a chance at all to get it working or that you guys will get the license?

I wouldn't disqualify the chance of it happening - but at the moment I cannot confirm. The VIRTUOSO still works with the Xbox Series X/S controller via 3.5mm.

• 3 months later...

I have seen that the Mic Boom on my Espresso SE cycles through RGB when searching but I cannot set this in Icue to match my colour profile, Is there any way to do this as i have looked everywhere or do you plan on adding this as a feature since it would be a shame not to use something that looks like it exists already.

I recently upgraded to a Virtuoso SE headset after finding my old VOID headset was no longer supported by iCue v4... and I must say that I am pretty impressed by them; especially once I stopped fiddling with the EQ and tried out the "spatial sound" options... Windows Sonic was good, but Dolby Atmos felt worth the price to me

While colour options sound great, as a Virtuoso owner, I'd rather see Corsair continue to grow their Virtuoso functionality within iCue... like supporting/sharing/using the lighting library like other Corsair components and storing profiles to the device so that it continues to work when the PC is locked.

Maybe these are things that work in iCue3 and iCue4 will gain these over time... but my reference for Virtuoso is iCue4.

• 1 month later...

dongle update .5.4.99 is breaking the dongles.

Also should consider improving the model with a virtuoso 2.0, making the earcuffs thicker, putting in a better battery and re-tuning the default equalizers, because they are not accurate out of the box.

-> the earcuff on the side with the mic isn't thick enough as the added weight from the mic starts to hurt your ear after wearing them for a hour or two, but the other ear is perfectly fine