Corsair Community

cmw32gx4m2a2666c16 RAM Issues?

Eberhard

I'm not 100% sure the ram is bad/faulty but it crashed during a MEMTEST86 pass, when I mean crash I actually mean it completely locked up on that screen in the middle of the second out of 3 passes and just stayed there the whole night. I wanted to be sure it wasn't a bluescreen so I left it on all night and it did nothing.

I've been having said issue since I built my new computer but I'm not sure if it's the ram being bad or the XMP I setup is wrong for setting the ram I bought to it's tested specs. I bought the Corsair Vengenace RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) 2666 C16 RAM, or if you prefer the model number it's in the title. Hopefully my post also shows my computer specs and it'll prolly help if I start by saying I just replaced my old GPU with a brand new one yesterday cause we thought it was that, wanted an upgrade anyways but crashing in 50% of my games completely randomly is getting a bit annoying tbh! The game of choice I've been using to test my "fixes" aka tampering with is 7 Days to Die, as it makes my computer lock up withing 2-60 minutes typically unless I'm lucky and it lasts for a couple hours or even all day!

It's really weird and I'm possibly thinking it might just be the setup for the XMP I I did to at least get the ram working up to it's top tested specs so I touched literally nothing but activating the XMP I through BIOS. Sorry this is so lengthy but I've been trying to fix this for a couple weeks or so now. Let me know if you need more info about the bios or something! Appreciate anyone willing to help me!! :D

Edited by Technobeard
removed system specs; already in profile. Fixed formatting

I'm thinking about having the AI take over for overclocking and such to see if it fixes itself. Didn't know there was an AI setup for overclocking instead of doing so myself, as I'm not too savvy to overclocking yet and getting nowhere closer.

Should I do this?

An update: I have literally replaced EVERYTHING except the m.2, motherboard and cpu in the computer with something else and it hasn't fixed anything. Isn't the gpu, ram, psu cpu cooler and all drivers are up to date.

I'm going to reinstall win10 and see if that fixes it and if it does I'll be severely disappointed in their company..."upgrade". Just like vista, 3 steps back and chop off your feet! To be serious though I have HIGH doubts it's the cpu because it'd be way more consistent with freezing and wouldn't only happen in games, or at least shouldn't?

Anyone else having games freeze their computer no matter what they do? I really need a fix as I've spent over 2k on this build and there is 0 reason it shouldn't work...defeats the purpose of saving up money to have a fun pc to actually play games on max graphics...