Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2020, 05:57 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061898
Corsair CJ Reputation: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by basdin22 View Post
Experiencing the same. Bought 8gb x 4 CMT32GX4M4C3200C16 and one led is having an issue. I RMA'ed it and bought a new one - CMT32GX4M4Z3200C16, and I thought the first one I bought just have a bad package. Lo and behold, after three days, again, one of the stick has ONE problematic LED. I even tried placing it to another system and still having the issue. Tired of going through RMA, can we just request one stick to replace the bad one?
Unfortunately I don't believe our support process allows for individual modules to be replaced. It must be the entire kit (if you follow up with our support team, they'll be to answer this question for sure).

I appreciate you reporting this happening with your replacement kit. While you have it on hand, could you try the following:

Force update the firmware of the modules
Drop the brightness of the LED lighting down in "Device Settings"

The above are not suggestions for fixes, but might change the behavior of the problem LED and help with identifying what's happening on our end.

If you have a customer/technical support question please post a thread in the appropriate section of the forum or submit a ticket here:
CORSAIR Support Portal
CORSAIR Hydro X Series Tutorial Playlist
CORSAIR iCUE Software Tutorial Playlist
Info/Diagrams for Setting Up CORSAIR RGB Fans, Strips, ETC
iCUE NEXUS Guides and Resources

Old 09-19-2020, 02:51 AM

POST ID # = 1061930
basdin22 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
Unfortunately I don't believe our support process allows for individual modules to be replaced. It must be the entire kit (if you follow up with our support team, they'll be to answer this question for sure).

I appreciate you reporting this happening with your replacement kit. While you have it on hand, could you try the following:

Force update the firmware of the modules
Drop the brightness of the LED lighting down in "Device Settings"

The above are not suggestions for fixes, but might change the behavior of the problem LED and help with identifying what's happening on our end.

Already tried that force update and change the brightness. Even changing the light effects still when it hits the problematic led, it has a different color than it should be.

Attached photos are the two separate kits.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:36 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1062237

Quote:
Originally Posted by basdin22 View Post
Already tried that force update and change the brightness. Even changing the light effects still when it hits the problematic led, it has a different color than it should be.

Attached photos are the two separate kits.
Thanks for the additional info. I've forwarded this to our product team.

If you have a customer/technical support question please post a thread in the appropriate section of the forum or submit a ticket here:
CORSAIR Support Portal

Old 10-08-2020, 10:59 PM
Danelite86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1064615
Danelite86 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
In regards to the LEDs. At first glance it appears like faulty LEDs, I'm checking in with our memory team to see if they have any solutions. That said, it's really odd that replacement kits are also experiencing this. Does this occur on the latest version of iCUE (3.33)? Also, does the "stuck" LED follow the module if you move it to another slot?

Please continue to work with our tech support team (or your point of purchase if within your return period) for a solution in the mean time.

To address the XMP rated speed question... XMP is overclocking, in most cases it should just work, however slight differences in system configuration can cause a kit to not hit the speed it was tested/rated for. I suggest BIOS update for your motherboard if possible.
after RMA i got the LED bug on the RMA set and i also tried another slot and get the same thing on the same LED. i been emailing the support team before Jun 2 2020 on this.
iCUE V.3.33.246
before and after RMA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200304_143040_HDR~2.jpg (1.13 MB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 20200701_225706_HDR.jpg (792.1 KB, 47 views)

Old 10-09-2020, 05:50 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1064732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danelite86 View Post
after RMA i got the LED bug on the RMA set and i also tried another slot and get the same thing on the same LED. i been emailing the support team before Jun 2 2020 on this.
iCUE V.3.33.246
before and after RMA
Could you PM me your ticket number?

CORSAIR Support Portal

Old 10-12-2020, 05:46 AM
KnarfOfSpam's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1064948
KnarfOfSpam Reputation: 10
Default Same issue: Leds showing wrong colours

I have 4 banks containing 16gb serie CMT32GX4M2K4000C19 which I bought at Amazon and another online retailer in the same week (availabillity issues). The problem is in 4 of the 4 modules atm. I swapped the modules around and upgraded the firmware but it doesn't make a difference. Seems there are small changes what led is afffected by it although the dominator led changing colour has been since day 1 two weeks ago. I attached a picture where it shows. In reality it is way more obvious but this is difficult to photograph with an Iphone for some reason. There is clearly an issue with the whole production batch.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corsair-Dominator-Issue.jpg (64.8 KB, 25 views)

Old 10-23-2020, 04:52 PM
Thorrior's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066689
Thorrior Reputation: 10

Hi all,

I just finished my new AMD build with many Corsair components and I've got exactly the same problem as many others here. One of the sticks has a faulty LED. It seems the LED only displays green and blue but not red. So I get any color variations that doesn't include red.

Here is a picture where I set the color red on 2 of the sticks.

P.S. My desk still looks pretty chaotic. But I'm literally just done with the build.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:01 PM
Thorrior's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066691
Thorrior Reputation: 10

I forgot to mention that I have two 16 GB kits CMT16GX4M2C3200C16.

Old 10-23-2020, 06:13 PM
KnarfOfSpam's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorrior View Post
Hi all,

I just finished my new AMD build with many Corsair components and I've got exactly the same problem as many others here. One of the sticks has a faulty LED. It seems the LED only displays green and blue but not red. So I get any color variations that doesn't include red.

Here is a picture where I set the color red on 2 of the sticks.

P.S. My desk still looks pretty chaotic. But I'm literally just done with the build.
Really nice build! Looks like the 16gb I had in my system and all the issues were with the red leds. I send them back...seems there are issues with this specific module.

Old 10-24-2020, 05:25 PM

POST ID # = 1066792
damsmut Reputation: 10

same problem for me with iCue v3.34.161

Old 10-26-2020, 06:20 PM

POST ID # = 1067097
Nin1959 Reputation: 10

I just signed up to tell you my experience. My kit is from a German retailer, same problem as the rest of you, I suddenly realised that one led was acting strange, tested the RGB and noticed that the red colour was dark. Double checked it with the pre determined colors and.. yes it was red, almost dark so white looked green and the same with orange.

i didn't know what to do so I just pressed slightly onto the cap of the led and it fixed the problem for me at least for now, touching he cap again changes the color nonetheless, is there a problem with the attachment of the LEDs ?

Edit:
Could one of you check this with your ram?

My kit is a 2x8 3600 c18

Last edited by Nin1959; 10-26-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:48 PM
KnarfOfSpam's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1067115

Sorry I send it back....went for an alternative from G.Skill

Old 10-28-2020, 07:07 PM

POST ID # = 1067414
nks Reputation: 10

Same problem here with the 2x8 3600 c18 kit, it doesn't seem to be software related, like Nin1959 suggested it is a faulty connection to the red (in my case) LED, you can press on the difusser to make it work for a short time.

I opened up the ram to reseat the flex PCB the LEDs are mounted on, and it seemed to work for a while, but the fault came back after a few hours.

The LEDs themselves are way too small to have a go re-soldering, and they are encapsulated in a drop of adhesive anyway.

I realise I probably voided my warranty opening it up but, if people are getting the same fault on their replacements, it doesn't sound like the warranty is much use to me (for this fault anyway haha).

Old 10-29-2020, 09:48 AM

POST ID # = 1067471
Nin1959 Reputation: 10

Hey nks, thanks for checking I guess my hunch was spot on. I also were about to open them up but I thought "they're only 10days old...", so I just went straight for a refund. Kinda sad because the looks are stunning.

Old 10-30-2020, 05:27 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1067673
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Thank you for your update guys. We're still looking into what is causing this to happen, with our engineering team reviewing samples. As soon as we have an update, we'll let you know.