Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum and 3xLL120 pack setup help needed.

grimLogic

I have both my USB headers on my motherboard consumed by the H115i CPU cooler. My Lightning Node needs a USB header. How do I wire all of these components for them to work together. I would imagine they are designed to be able to work in systems with MOBOs with only 2 USB headers. Any assistance on how to wire these components would be greatly appreciated!

A lot of people pick up a powered USB hub to stick in the back. Even if you only have two, sometimes the MB USB 2 ports are not convenient, the device wires short, etc. The H115i Plat and LNP can jack into the same hub. The USB is the means for devices to communicate with the software, so it is essential.

See the guide linked below for specific information. You don't have too many things to worry about. The Platinum cooler will take both the fan and lighting wires for its two fans. The LNP will only take the RGB wires from the LL fans. The three normal control PWM wires from the LL fans will go to the motherboard fan headers.

Zotty's Guide

Thank you for the response I will review that guide. (I have reviewed the guide it appears without an extra hub that I can plug in just one USB from the H115i control and one from the Lightning Node. Is that the correct interpretation of the guide?

I haven't seen any USB hubs. Any recommendations?

Edited by grimLogic

I'm going to mention a competitor's product since Corsair don't have anything similar. There is an internal USB hub made by NZXT that I use for my system. A Google search for NZXT USB hub will find it.

I have my AIO going straight to one of the motherboard headers by itself to avoid problems and my other USB internal gadgets hang off the NZXT hub which is plugged into a 2nd motherboard header. That includes a CoPro and my Corsair power supply monitoring cable.