Corsair Community

Best Fan Curve For my Corsair H100i V2

WithoutDestiny

Hello everyone!

I have got the H100i V2 for my pc and the default fan curve on Corsair Link seems to be too loud for me. I tried to change it but I'm not so sure that it's the best for it!

My PC's specs are:

-Intel Core i7 7700K 4,5Ghz

-nVidia Msi GTX 1080 Vga Armor 8GB

-ASRock Intel 1151 Z270 Pro4 KBL

If someone can help me putting the best configuration down below is the best!

Thank to all!

Roberto

This is always local environment and hardware specific, so we can't tell you set 700 rpm = 28C. Your coolant temperature (H100i v2 Temp) is the measure of radiator efficiency and the only directly affected variable when you change fan and pump speeds. For each +1C of coolant temperature increase, your CPU goes up +1C as well. The same hold true in reverse for cooling. Blast the fans at maximum and the coolant goes down 2C. You have only reduced CPU temp by 2C. So the best fan curve (if you are trying to reduce noise) is the lowest you can stand that does not overly increase your CPU operating temperature. Most people with 240mm radiator are going to see increases of +6-8C in coolant when under continued load. If you want to relax the fans and let it go to +10C, it only costs you a few degrees. You will have to learn the upper and lower limits of your system, but also be aware room temperature is the thing that rules them all. You will see seasonal shifts. Edited by c-attack