Corsair Community

Still a good buy in 2018?

riph

Hello guys, I'm new here because recently I was interested on some Corsair products. One of them is the K95 RGB Platinum, because it got almost everything I needed.

But the keyboard has been released for some time now, and it is a well known fact that a successor will usually come after a year or two since a product is released. What I'm asking here, is the K95 RGB Platinum still a good purchase in 2018? Or is there any plan for it's successor anytime soon? I mean, I can wait a couple months, not that urgent to get a new keyboard, I don't want to get a keyboard today just to know a successor of the very keyboard I bought is coming in a month. That just sucks.

Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employee
Hello guys, I'm new here because recently I was interested on some Corsair products. One of them is the K95 RGB Platinum, because it got almost everything I needed.

But the keyboard has been released for some time now, and it is a well known fact that a successor will usually come after a year or two since a product is released. What I'm asking here, is the K95 RGB Platinum still a good purchase in 2018? Or is there any plan for it's successor anytime soon? I mean, I can wait a couple months, not that urgent to get a new keyboard, I don't want to get a keyboard today just to know a successor of the very keyboard I bought is coming in a month. That just sucks.

Thanks in advance!

Hi riph,

The K95 RGB platinum is still our flagship keyboard and do not have any plans for a replacement at this time.

First, Corsair doesn't talk about unreleased product. So ... if it was coming, they couldn't/wouldn't tell you.

Second, it's still an awesome keyboard. Period. This is especially true if you are coming from a cheap-o membrane keyboard - they feel like typing on ****** now that I've been using a mechanical keyboard for a while.

Hi riph,

The K95 RGB platinum is still our flagship keyboard and do not have any plans for a replacement at this time.

Hi, thanks for the info. Glad to know that for the time being it is not yet planned to be replaced yet.

First, Corsair doesn't talk about unreleased product. So ... if it was coming, they couldn't/wouldn't tell you.

Second, it's still an awesome keyboard. Period. This is especially true if you are coming from a cheap-o membrane keyboard - they feel like typing on ****** now that I've been using a mechanical keyboard for a while.

Ah yes, I figured that, I mean probably there's any release info that I missed regarding Corsair new keyboard hahah. But yeah, I think I'll make that purchase. Thanks for the info! Currently using Logitech G19s, nice keyboard with lots of gimmick, but I think K95 will satisfy me better.

I've had a K95 Platinum since last year, and while the aesthetics and feel are fairly nice I've been having ongoing problems with mine across multiple PC's. See my thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177756

Currently waiting on some assistance from Corsair..

As a side note, I honestly think the K95P should come with the double shot PBT keycaps given the very high price tag. The included keycaps feel pretty cheap for the price of the board. Just some feedback as an owner of the product in question.

Archived