Corsair Community

LEDs Not Working Properly

desolator4u

Hey people,

I got my K70 less than 2 months ago. It has been working fine. Today, all of a sudden, for no reason at all, some of the keys LEDs aren't working properly. The RGB is messed up so it won't form certain colors.

For example, I select light/sky blue for the whole keyboard, yet this happens:

pg6l7ut.jpg

If I select red for the H key only, it works.

TZupzSg.jpg

If I select blue for the H key only, the other keys that have the LED prob lights up with a different color:

cBR2Z2F.jpg

I've done everything.

Reinstall CUE then update it, reflash the latest firmware that it already had.

Different USB ports and a laptop

Soft reset by holding Esc while plugging it in

I experience issues with these same LEDs while in the BIOS

The worst part is the affected keys flicker as well.

Nothing was spilled on the keyboard

Is this a hardware issue i'm already having??

You seem to be using iCUE, which is the next version of CUE, but still beta. I reccommend trying the original CUE for now.

I'm not able to try the other version, but how is this a software issue? Even in the demo mode with the static rainbow the affected keys still have a messed up color

I'd recommend reaching out to our Technical Support staff for a hard firmware reset. They can provide you with the necessary files and instructions.

https://support.corsair.com/

I already did, from Friday. I just got a reply with some stupid copy and paste crap. It must be so easy to work in email support. Just kick back, copy and paste fake empathy statements and irrelevant walls of text that does not address what was stated in the ticket

Archived