Corsair Community

Corsair Mechanical Keyboard Wishlist

spheretubebox

These are things I would absolutely LOVE to see in a Corsair mechanical keyboard...

1. A compact layout version of the Cherry MX Blue K70/K95 RGB. Similar to the Cooler Master QuickFire TK.

2. Perhaps with a single additional row of programmable macro keys on the left hand side with the traditional Corsair lowered height for that row.

3. Compatibility with all Corsair keyboard wrist rests (Vengeance K60 and K70/K95).

4. Specialized key caps and 2 x RGB LED per key switch for Caps Lock and Num Lock keys, etc. Something similar to the key caps found on the CM Storm QuickFire XT (F9 key). The keycaps would have a vertically aligned transparent area that would make visible the proposed addition of a second RGB LED per key for a separate visible color for on/off apart from the standard RGB key LED.

...Or simply allow for this color change for on/off in software with a single RGB LED. Where the key color could change to a something user defined when on and switch to a second user defined color for off. (If the software does this already...Kudos!)

5. Something similar to the CM Storm QuickFire XT key repeat rate adjustment.

6. Of course, the continuation of all other features currently found in the Corsair K70/K95 RGB keyboards. Great work!

P.S. Drop the "Corsair Gaming" branding! What's wrong with simply using a "Corsair" badge?

Thanks! Hope to see something like this soon :-).

• Corsair Employee
I would love to see a Gameboard from Corsair like the G13 from Logitech.

While the G13 is still awesome, i would immediately buy Corsair's once it's out.

But pls make a mechanical with Cherry red's. ;)

This is a very niche item. What do you like about it?

Why would you want cloud storage when the keyboard already has onboard storage. If it's because storage space. You can export profiles and save them to USB drive or upload to your own dropbox etc. Cloud service you will be relying on 3rd party to keep it going.

I would like to see Corsair make K65/K70/K95 RGB keyboards using gunmetal gray base.

Hello Corsair James.

There are many things i like on the G13 and some i dont like.

First the likes:

Its very compact (not bad, if you need to travel) + the cable is very long.

The fully programmable G-keys,keys are large.

Wappable maps and profiles.

Multi-key input.

WASD Keys are marked. (No Proplem finding them with fingers)

It's Solid and stable

Naturally contoured design ,very comfortable for me, my hands are rather small. (Some People say it's very comfortable for big Hands and small hands might get a little tough to reach all the key positions).Well,i have no Proplems.

The wrist rest is in the correct place.

The Display and the custom colour backlight ( For me ,the Display is a nice to have, but not really necessary,same for the customizable mini joystick which is difficult to click )

And ofc Onboard memory.

Last but not least: It gives my K95 a break . xD

Things i dont like:

The Keys are to soft. (I think it's cause of Rubber Dome,where we are at the next point)

Its not mechanical.

I would buy this, it's so useful when moving your peripherals so stuff like keys don't fall of the keyboard or get damaged.

It would be handy, I would buy one also, hell, I would buy a Corsair mouse just for easy travel haha. I still have my MM600 in original packaging, purely for transportation.

Another wishlist item for Mech Keyboards would also have to be a cut-down K95 or expanded K70, something with 6 'G' macro keys would handy. You go from none on the K70 to 6 billion on the K95.

These are things I would absolutely LOVE to see in a Corsair mechanical keyboard...

1. A compact layout version of the Cherry MX Blue K70/K95 RGB. Similar to the Cooler Master QuickFire TK.

If Corsair would release the K65 RGB with Blues and Browns you'd have that.

I'd like to buy a K65 RGB with MX Brown...

another thing to consider is to add more space between the top row of buttons (f1,f2,f3...) and the number row.

The current amount of space is minimal compared to all other standard layout keyboards in the market. Where as competitors all share the same amount of space between the top 2 row, switching to the corsair K style keyboards could really take some time getting use to.

I've personally fat fingered the top row by accident many many times now and if anyone else has had this problem, do chime in.

I understand the practicality of placing all the keys closer together, but to deviate from what the general public has become accustomed to isn't always the best idea.

of course this is all subjective to my opinion.

edit:

and a function within the software to put the LEDs to sleep after set amount of inactive time.

I'd like to throw in my $0.02 in support of a G13 style keypad controller as well. I'm a left-handed gamer, and the standard layout options are really problematic. Many games are asking me to use control combinations that are out of reach, so I've been using the G13 as my "arrow keys and controls" pad on a lot of games.

I'm not even looking for something as specialized as the G13, either. Give me a control pad with a 5x5 grid, angled and styled to match my K70 RGB and I'll buy two of them immediately. I don't need/want the control stick, the buttons, or the LCD. Just give me some keys and let me program them as macros in CUE. This would also be a great option for people that buy the K65 RGB, so they could add more controls in whatever position they wanted to the left or right of the keyboard. If the addon key panel could latch into place at the edge of the main keyboard and act like a seamless unit, I'd be thrilled.

So here's my thoughts summarized:

5x5 or greater grid.

Housing that matches identically to the height and positioning of existing K series keyboards

RGB lighting

Cherry MX switches

CUE functionality

Give me this for $129, and I'm in for two.

Very nice suggestions from the people here. One suggestion that I would like to put out there would be to be able to purchase replaceable keycaps for the mechanical keyboards (like the gaming keycaps, for instance). I know that there are certain webshops that offer alternative keycaps, but so far there are not many offers for light up mechanical keyboards. Additionally, the keycaps offered would be consistent with the overall design and lettering of the keyboard, and, hopefully, it could be possible to purchase other, non-US layout options.

Archived