Corsair Community

AMD Ryzen 3700x Temp issue

Ravi

Hi

I would like some assistance, Im using a Corsair H115I PRO RGB cooler with this version of iCUE v3.18.77, but I cant see my temps for Ryzen 3700x under the dash board is there any settings I need to change

Thank you

iCUE has still not been updated to show Ryzen 3000-series CPU temperatures. There are lots of other people waiting for this functionality - don't hold your breath!

Thanks for prompt reply, do you have an alternate software I can use

Thanks for prompt reply, do you have an alternate software I can use

I personally use HWiNFO as it reports data from pretty much every available sensor in every component in your PC.

However, having multiple different software attempt to access Corsair devices simultaneously (i.e. iCUE and HWiNFO) causes conflicts, so if you decide to use HWiNFO there is an option under the 'Safety' tab in the Settings to disable Corsair/Asetek monitoring that should prevent these conflicts.

• 1 month later...
The most detailed information on Ryzen is from Ryzen Master. The latest version has a new SDK to show average voltage as well, not just peak.

I know about ryzen master, but still, you buy a cooler without able to see cpu information on it thats a joke. :confused:

I personally use HWiNFO as it reports data from pretty much every available sensor in every component in your PC.

However, having multiple different software attempt to access Corsair devices simultaneously (i.e. iCUE and HWiNFO) causes conflicts, so if you decide to use HWiNFO there is an option under the 'Safety' tab in the Settings to disable Corsair/Asetek monitoring that should prevent these conflicts.

HWinfo crashes the icue service even with the 'safety' setting enabled, requiring a service restart every time you open it (restarting the PC doesnt fix it, service stays frozen)

quitting icue before opening hwinfo doesnt fix the issue either, as its the service that crashes

HWinfo crashes the icue service even with the 'safety' setting enabled, requiring a service restart every time you open it (restarting the PC doesnt fix it, service stays frozen)

quitting icue before opening hwinfo doesnt fix the issue either, as its the service that crashes

Have you tried the "portable" version of HWInfo? It doesn't have the persistent driver found in the "full" version.

Have you tried the "portable" version of HWInfo? It doesn't have the persistent driver found in the "full" version.

yes, portable was my preference for use anyway

it seems to freeze the service completely and persists between reboots which is really uncommon behaviour so i've been parroting it around, as its a highly recommended program for ryzen 3000 users

In my case it was a siginificant issue as my commander pro would freeze and disappear from icue, leaving my fans stuck at their idle speeds (some at 0RPM... learned to not use that again)

Try HWMonitor as it uses the same code cpuid sdk is based on to see if upcoming support is being added. I was in contact with one of their devs and he added in support for my gigabyte z390 m gaming motherboard (released Oct!) in a test build which will everntually be rolled in to cpuid sdk so anything using the sdk will benefit (iCue, 3d mark, etc.) Edited by n0ahg

no response? ryzen third gen has been out for almost 3 months now, you might want to state you only support intel if you won't even allow for a simple PWM control based on the package temp of the processor.

Just a symphony of crickets from Corsair. :[pouts:

I've been on Ryzen 3000 since launch and iCue has plagued it.

What makes it worse is that AMD developed an SDK specifically for monitoring tools to keep the CPU cool and efficient and not let monitoring states peg cores, etc. but the Corsair dev team hasn't seemed at all interested in implementing it.

I contacted their support and all they saying is they are waiting for CPUID whatever the f**** it is, yeah sure since 50 years...this is last time im buying corsair accessories product.

We are waiting on CPUID to get us the updated driver so our development team can integrate it into our software. As of right now we do not have an exact time frame for when it will be released.

no response? ryzen third gen has been out for almost 3 months now, you might want to state you only support intel if you won't even allow for a simple PWM control based on the package temp of the processor.

Don’t know if this is going to hold true, but I got ahold of support about this after AMD announced their new SDK. Their response was they were targeting iCue 3.21 for release using the SDK.

• 6 months later...
Don’t know if this is going to hold true, but I got ahold of support about this after AMD announced their new SDK. Their response was they were targeting iCue 3.21 for release using the SDK.

What happened to this? As far as I am aware temperature report in iCUE for my 3700x is so different from Ryzen Master report.

Also, iCUE still forcing the CPU to be clocked/higher voltage than having iCUE off.