Corsair Community

H100i GTX Not connecting, Corsair link 4

Ian72

Hey Team,

I took apart my PC for cleaning and suddenly my H100i GTX was not showing up in Corsair Link 4v4.7.0.77. I know this is a common issue through my searching and so far I have:

Updated, uninstalled and tried different versions of Corsair link 4. (restarts, uninstalling, ccCleaning between)

The device was showing in device manager but was hidden, asking to be plugged back in, so I uninstalled it(After multiple restarts and using different plugs on mobo) and now it doesn't show up in device manager at all (as unknown or hidden). The regedit method found on these forums and youtube didn't have the files required to edit values to 0.

I have taken the PC apart and plugged the micro-usb into different ports on the motherboard. I have tried a different cable, that stopped the PC from posting....?

The AIO is still not showing up in device manager or in corsair link under devices. The fans work, they adjust speed to the heat of the CPU, an aqua light in on the Corsair logo so it seems to be working. I have plugged everything back into the same place on the Mobo (took pics before taking it apart)

The only thing I cant think of is maybe the cable or plug broke, When I first restated the PC from cleaning it tried to post multiple times and ended up resetting my bios settings, i'm not sure if that could of effected it? Or hopefully there is a quick and easy software solution.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey DevBiker,

Thank you for the reply.

I had it in the pins it was working with before. Earlier today I tried it in the CPU_FAN at 100% all that happens is the fans run at 100% all the time. It doesn't appear in device manager or Corsair link 4.

Hey DevBiker,

Thank you for the reply.

I had it in the pins it was working with before. Earlier today I tried it in the CPU_FAN at 100% all that happens is the fans run at 100% all the time. It doesn't appear in device manager or Corsair link 4.

The header doesn't control the fan speeds. It powers the pump. (See section B of the FAQ).

Regardless ... we still have an issue. I would check your USB settings in your BIOS first ... make sure the XHCI handoff is enabled and Fast Startup is disabled.

From there, can you check USBDeView to see if it shows up there? https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

I have XHCI handoff enabled and Fast Startup Disabled.

This morning when I turned on my PC with the 3pin in CPU_FAN the computer logged into windows for about 1 minute with the fans at 100% and the mouse not moving with the loading symbol next to the mouse symbol and crashed. Then wouldnt post...

So I changed the 3pin to the old one it used to work on, and logged into windows and got this message

"USB device not recognised

The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

...... yikes,

However, now in device manager and USBDeView there is an Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Its greyed out and hidden, in properties it says "To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer".

How do you have this installed?

The fan lead from the pump should be connected to CPU_FAN. The radiator fans should be connected to the cooler. CPU_FAN should be at 100%; this is how the pump gets its power. Anything less than 12V and the pump won't operate properly.

You mentioned that you put the CPU_FAN at 100% and the fans ran at 100%. So apparently you set it back. The pump won't operate properly that way.

IF the CPU_FAN is set to 100% AND the fans are connected to the pump header AND the fans are running at 100%, then that means that the coolant temperature is too high. Again, assuming correct installation and the fan lead from the pump is on the CPU_FAN header, what is the CPU_FAN speed in the BIOS?

You may also want to take a look at the Liquid Cooler FAQ linked in my signature.

Archived