Corsair Community

iCUE version 3.16.56 released

Gronar

I updated my iCue to 3.16.56 within the application today. After reboot, my water cooler was not detected by iCue. I uninstalled, downloaded 3.16.56 directly from Corsair and installed myself. Immediately after install my H100i Pro RGB was detected. But after I rebooted it is no longer detected.

No issue for me, but iCUE still not in 64 bits.

It's time to advance.

This has been covered here extensively. There's really no benefit for iCUE to be 64-bit. Plus, there's definite downside to it. The system monitoring has been moved to its own 64-bit process, which resolved the only issue with a 32-bit app and HEDT systems (over 16 cores).

I mean ... heck ... Visual Studio 2019 (Microsoft's top-tier dev environment) is 32-bit. Maybe you outta tell Microsoft that they need to advance too, eh?

I hope I've not be polite.

But, for me, 32bits has do it's time, like 16bits.

For VS2019 I've said the same thing to Microsoft.

I know Corsair is working good, it's why I buy Corsair's product, but in my mind it's time (for everyone) to move on. Sure 64bits will not be a revolution for iCUE, but I'm thinking one day 32bits aplications will disappear, like the 16bit was, and the time is coming.

Sorry if my English is not good, it's not my native language and I try to be better with ;).

I hope I've not be polite.

But, for me, 32bits has do it's time, like 16bits.

For VS2019 I've said the same thing to Microsoft.

I know Corsair is working good, it's why I buy Corsair's product, but in my mind it's time (for everyone) to move on. Sure 64bits will not be a revolution for iCUE, but I'm thinking one day 32bits aplications will disappear, like the 16bit was, and the time is coming.

Sorry if my English is not good, it's not my native language and I try to be better with ;).

64 bit will only happen for memory intensive programs, its totally pointless to do for icue - so why would they?

New version update caused error on startup. related to macro execution (I have no macros) and device manager shows 'unknown device' which indicates the driver is busted.

Tried repairing the installation and all the usual fixes.

Really wish these updates would be tested more before pushing them out.

Broke AF

I have updated and so far haven't had any issues as I see both my K70 MK2 Cherry-blue keyboard and the Void Pro RGB Wireless in the ICUE software so the update installed correctly for me as the OP said some patch notes would of being nice to have.

64 bit will only happen for memory intensive programs, its totally pointless to do for icue - so why would they?

Exactly! There's no performance benefit, no stability benefit ... nothing. The only real benefit is for applications that need to access large amounts of memory. It'll actually consume more memory - plus, some of the third party components that they have to work with (particularly the libraries for some of the coolers) are only available as 32-bit. And there'd be a bunch of rework, which means regression issues and bugs. So there's a huge downside.

Having a 64-bit OS does have a big benefit and running x86/32-bit apps on a 64-bit OS (which is what Microsoft recommends for VS) is a huge benefit.

I have updated and so far haven't had any issues as I see both my K70 MK2 Cherry-blue keyboard and the Void Pro RGB Wireless in the ICUE software so the update installed correctly for me as the OP said some patch notes would of being nice to have.

Just thought I would share Os updated to build 18362.116 , iCUE updated to latest version 3.16.56 , all appears to be working well with no apparent issues

After a full uninstall (revo pro - all registry items and every other trace) it installed correctly. Repair would not resolve this issue.

Also 18362.116 on slow ring.

• 2 weeks later...
This has been covered here extensively. There's really no benefit for iCUE to be 64-bit. Plus, there's definite downside to it. The system monitoring has been moved to its own 64-bit process, which resolved the only issue with a 32-bit app and HEDT systems (over 16 cores).

I mean ... heck ... Visual Studio 2019 (Microsoft's top-tier dev environment) is 32-bit. Maybe you outta tell Microsoft that they need to advance too, eh?

How much memory does your iCUE process use? Mine is up at 400MB. Probably helps somewhat for it to be 64-bit.

After updating to 3.16.56 my Lighting Node Pro is gone, only the H150 Pro is found. Uninstalling (with Revo) and clean re-install didn´t help.

Lighting Node Pro is recognized by USBDeview and working, but not shown in iCue.

Replaced it with a spare (new) one including the fan-controlller didn´t solve the problem.

What else could I do to get it back?

iCue.thumb.png.ce78ec5d0aa9eb8a570a3465ad442241.png