The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 01:43 AM
TylerAD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644134
TylerAD Reputation: 10

Again, 5.1, 7.1, all not working well. There are improvements over the other new drivers, but it all seems to be way to loud / distorted at normal levels. Turing the mic off in windows helps with the "hiss" with "s" that I described earlier. Over all I can hear that some things sound really good its just the low end seems to bleed/overly loud. Turing things down by 5, 6, 7 works somewhat with bf3.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 AM

POST ID # = 644175
Hatsunemiku Reputation: 10

Please fix 1500's with 2.0.7 @:{

Last edited by Hatsunemiku; 04-01-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
TylerAD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644182

My three post from earlier were all with the v1500 2.0.7 , win 7 x64, all drivers up to date and it still is about the same. The audio is way over pronounced, bass is good, but still right on the end of crackle. Even with the new drivers, even with turning them all down by 5 or 6 or 7 seems to help, but its not 100% great audio. Little clips and distortions i can hear. I stopped the hiss as i said before, it was just turning off the mic line in windows.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 AM
TylerAD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644315

1.) Is surround on or are you on bypass mode? Happens within both modes.
2.) What preset are you using?Have tried them all.. they all are still to high at default.
3.) What player are you using and what type of format is the file (MKV, MP3, FLAC, etc)? Everything. All formats, games, web.
4.) Have you been able to confirm this issue on a different machine?No
5.) Is there a way you can repeat the steps? Does the crackle happen randomly? Are you seeking?Any time audio is loud, especially base its distorted. Removed and went back to the 1.1 drivers for the v1500. I dont know what has changed or what to do to make it sound like the new drivers, but with the clarity of the older drivers.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:24 AM
wunjox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644327
wunjox Reputation: 10

I have a vengeance 1500 and with 2.0.7 drivers i cannot mute the microphone with the headset command. It flashes blue and red :l

I have another problem: theire is a constant "shhhhhh" when i lauch anythink (a game, a music, a film, youtube...)
Please test the drivers BEFORE put it online :l

Last edited by wunjox; 04-02-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:02 AM
shankly1985's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644351
shankly1985 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunjox View Post
I have a vengeance 1500 and with 2.0.7 drivers i cannot mute the microphone with the headset command. It flashes blue and red :l

I have another problem: theire is a constant "shhhhhh" when i lauch anythink (a game, a music, a film, youtube...)
Please test the drivers BEFORE put it online :l
The flashing red and blue is the new mute, This works normal and it better than just solid red. Your other issue though I also get this, when playing something through the headset and you stop the playback and start something else you get a split second where the headset will play the last sound.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Evan20x's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644456
Evan20x Reputation: 10

Lots of distortion when volumes are high with these new drivers. I just want to report this along with the other people. I am currently running default windows driver atm and will probably go back to 1.7 until these problems get worked out because it sounds as if my 50mm drivers are going to pop or blow.

Upon reboot they go back to the default state and seems to sound fine but I go to tweak my EQ back to audiophile +1 this is when all goes to hell as with any other eq setting.

A theory is when changing the EQ setting it stacks on top and doubles up and causes and overload or some sort? I don't know just brain storming an idea.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 644611
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20x View Post
Lots of distortion when volumes are high with these new drivers. I just want to report this along with the other people. I am currently running default windows driver atm and will probably go back to 1.7 until these problems get worked out because it sounds as if my 50mm drivers are going to pop or blow.

Upon reboot they go back to the default state and seems to sound fine but I go to tweak my EQ back to audiophile +1 this is when all goes to hell as with any other eq setting.

A theory is when changing the EQ setting it stacks on top and doubles up and causes and overload or some sort? I don't know just brain storming an idea.
Are you also using V1500?

Old 04-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Evan20x's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644659
Evan20x Reputation: 10

Sorry I forgot to mention it. I am using the Vengeance 2000 headset.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Cantankerous Pirate
Orochium's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644728
Orochium Reputation: 10

Hey RG, just reporting that I'm having these bass crackle issues as well.

Vengeance 2000

I can bottom out every single band of the mixer, and under any sort of heavy bass, distortion and crackle will still show up, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a few time, making sure to tick 'delete drivers' (even for the windows ones) and disabling the internet when I reinstalled, in case it was a driver mix-n-match.

I've noticed it does it most in 7.1 mode, almost like the extra two 'virtual' side channels on the left and right are just multiplying the gain in both channels, rather than just adding to it.

In 5.1 mode with Prologix IIx on, it seems to be a bit less noticeable, but in both cases, I can't have the volume up very high before hitting a distortion barrier around 80-100 hz and below, what are the 50mm drivers rated too?

I've seen this behavior when installing car stereos when you don't limit the bass cutoff at the drivers low-peak. i.e., the peeps in my truck need to be bass cut at 100 hz flat, or they distort like this, because the impedance of the speakers go logarithmic below 100hz, which also overload the amplifier and overdrives them.

More .02 I guess - but I can almost swear this is the issue, not enough gain cut off below the low-peak on the 50mm drivers

Old 04-04-2013, 03:04 AM
coldfir3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644767
coldfir3 Reputation: 10

vengeance 2000 Dolby drivers seems to be working fine at first moment with no distortion in bass.But when i tweak equalizer settings to anything huge distortion in bass.i have to bring down low frequency bands below zero level to hear clearly.vengeance 2000 drivers also needed to be patched.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 644866
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Oroch and Cold, does reducing whatever equalizer settings you currently have by -6db help solve the crackle?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:33 PM
EverythingUSB Reviewer
Androktasie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644961
Androktasie Reputation: 10
Send a message via AIM to Androktasie Send a message via Skype™ to Androktasie

Hi, I'm the author of the EverythingUSB reviews for the V1500 and V2000 headsets. I finally got my hands on these drivers and will be creating a new compatibility matrix for the Vengeance 2000 in the coming days/weeks as my schedule permits.

In the meantime I just wanted to say that Corsair, you finally got the right idea for presenting source selection and enabling Pro Logic upmixing to the user. Thanks for fixing that. ;)

Old 04-05-2013, 02:14 AM
Cantankerous Pirate
Orochium's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644975
Orochium Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Oroch and Cold, does reducing whatever equalizer settings you currently have by -6db help solve the crackle?
I tried this, and honestly didn't notice much of a difference, I still had to keep the volume low, to avoid the bass distortion, and even at lower volumes, I was still getting a disconcerting amount of signal-destruction, and a muddier sound in dropping the 6 db

I can bottom all the sliders, and leave just 30, 60, and 120hz at 0 db at 50% volume and its absolute chaos. If I bottom all but the individual channels, its much less distorted, but get any mix of those three, and it goes all nonsensical!

Random side note, I noticed that the new drivers no longer work at all with ASIO-4-all, which I use in some musical production / score work for my game dev, so was a tad disappointed.

Either way, I love these cans, growing pains or not haha

Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 AM
shankly1985's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645018
shankly1985 Reputation: 10

Any News when 1500 Drivers will be re-released? I have gone back to 1.1 because of the bass issue.

Things I noticed
Better sound quality, but its much lower bass works fine.
Much louder sound 50% is like 100% on 1.1 maybe this why Bass is messed up? Driver 2.0 giving the headset a hard time with the bass output?
The control panel is 100% better than 1.1

A good song for testing is Pink Floyd - When the Tigers Broke Free on 1.1 bass and sound is perfect on 2.0 bass is very bad and its like rattling the cans
I do like and miss the Dolby on driver 2.0 it a massive improvement over 1.1.