Corsair Community

Does low space affect SSD performance?

TimeKilla

Hi all,

I've been reading on other forums you should keep 20% of you're SSD hard-drive space free or you will start to see you're performance slowing down is this true of Corsair drives. I've got a Force GT 120 gig with 30 gig free it seems to run fine tho I've not benchmarked it for awhile.

Will do that tomorrow, Just really want to find out if any one has notice speed decreases the more space you use? I would really hope this is untrue for Corsair drives.

Please advise :biggrin:

Ps. Could a mod change the thread Title: To Does low space affect SSD performance.

• Corsair Employee

The programs like Photoshop, Page maker, any Video editing program that allows you to add affects and or any 3D Animation software and Professional Sound recording software that uses software effects. Are just a few that use a lot of temp files there are too many to list them all.

So just about any Photo/Video and or audio editing software... And they will cause the system to slow down. Do some research on the subject http://www.google.com is a great resource.

Thanks for the information m8, I did Google it that's why I ended up asking here just like to hear it from the horses mouth was not sure these drives were affected tho i knew deep down they were.

It's not stated when buying the drive so it's a little disappointing but it's a semi new tech and there is always Pros and Cons.

But never the less thanks for all the information and replys. :-)

Archived