Corsair Community

Anyone experiencing poor wifi - please read

VRGamer147

I’m not the only one to have experienced poor WiFi signal on my Corsair One. I have read many posts in the past with people having such issues with these great machines. However, as great as they are, the WiFi antennas provided buy Corsair are cheap, tiny, flimsy rubbish that can’t hold a decent signal at all, FULL STOP!

Seriously, I have antennas that will turn your WiFi signal into a NASA rocket ship.

The only regret I have is that I didn’t find these sooner, I just wish Corsair would provide antennas as good as these or at the very least advise people to buy them as an extra if they want a superior WiFi signal. Or should I say, just a WiFi signal that just damn well works, and works perfectly may I add. 100% of the time!

If you are having WiFi issues at all, or even if you are not, But you are still using the antennas provided by Corsair, I can guarantee you that you will get a far, far better signal using the Silverstone WAD17 Dual band WiFi Black High Gain Dipole Antennas. Please make sure to purchase the magnetic bases as well.

The difference is night and day, and you will experience absolute maximum power from your router 100% of the time. Thank me later. 😎

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/silverstone-sst-wad17-high-gain-dual-band-wifi-antenna-sma-plug-rp-dipole-black

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/sst-wab1b-silverstone-wifi-antenna-circular-magnetic-base-for-wireless-antenna-150cm-cable-black

• Corsair Employee
Great suggestions. As with any wireless networking there's a lot of variables that can come into play, especially making sure you have a good wireless signal as well. We include standard 5 dbi antennas that have generally worked very well for our customers.

I'll keep your recommendation handy regarding replacing the OEM Wi-Fi antennas, but question please — how crucial are the antennas if I have sitting on my desk the Verizon Fios E3200 Home Wi-Fi extender (which supports Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax) and I will have the *Corsair ONE Pro i200 hard-wired to it via an Ethernet cable?

By the way, I'm on Verizon Fios' Gigabit Connection plan.

* Just ordered, so don't have yet

Edited by RFinMD
Added info.

I'll keep your recommendation handy regarding replacing the OEM Wi-Fi antennas, but question please — how crucial are the antennas if I have sitting on my desk the Verizon Fios E3200 Home Wi-Fi extender (which supports Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax) and I will have the *Corsair ONE Pro i200 hard-wired to it via an Ethernet cable?

By the way, I'm on Verizon Fios' Gigabit Connection plan.

* Just ordered, so don't have yet

You're still doing wireless from your router to the Fios extender, but having the latter hot wired to your PC might work provide better reception that the OEM Wi-Fi antennae.

Please let us know how it works once you get it set up. I'm as curious as you are.

You're still doing wireless from your router to the Fios extender, but having the latter hot wired to your PC might work provide better reception that the OEM Wi-Fi antennae.

Please let us know how it works once you get it set up. I'm as curious as you are.

Set up was easy! It's on the Wi-Fi extender via Ethernet, like I mentioned I would do. I did a speed test and it's in the 900Mbps both up and down. :biggrin:

Point about the antennas included, the onboard Bluetooth piggybacks off of them, so the Bluetooth doesn't function unless you have the antennas connected.

OK. Since I just turned it on for the first time today, I haven't checked on the Bluetooth side of things yet. I do have the antennas connected. Thanks!