Corsair Community

P5Q-E & CM2x2048-6400C4DHX

-D-

Hi Don't know if you can help me please.

I Have an Asus P5Q-E Motherboard running a duel core E8500 processor and CM2x2048-6400C4DHX memory.

At the moment everything in the bios is pretty much running @ AUTO.

Im not convinced that I am getting the best out of my memory @ Auto settings , I have read various forums that talk about chaging values in my bios , but im really unsure what to change, on the memory I can see that states 4-4-4-12 2.10v , im presuming that in the bios I change the DRAM voltage from auto to 2.10 , the memory timing I can set to 4-4-4-12 (I think) by setting Dram Timing control to manual and populating the lines below it. I am then completley lost when it comes to other sections secondary info , read to write delays etc.

2 questions really , changing from auto settings to 4-4-4-12 2.1v will I notice any improvements? (I mainly game on my pc)

Could you advise how to set up my bios for this memory ( I don't want to overclock it, just use it to the best of its potential without invalidating any warrenty)

Sorry to be so dumb, when it comes to bios settings I have no idea at all.

Thanks in advance for your time.

• Corsair Employee

That is normal 32-Bit means 32 Billion Bits of memory. And 4 Gig would be 32, 768,000,000 Bits so the 768 Million is gone off the top and then any other memory that is in the system will subtract from that as well.

You would need to go to a 64 Bit O.S. to see all of the memory, sorry!

Hi Ramguy,

Thanks for your reply

I realize with a 32 bit O/s im limited to what can actually be used memory wise , im just wondering how to set up my bios to suit my memory best . At present im waiting to see what windows 7 has to offer in 64bit , but that change for me is quite some time way.

Ive had a play in the bios but really don't know what im doing and whats best to change.

At the moment everything is set to auto

Im not trying to overclock the memory , but want to get the best performance out of my memory that I can without voiding any warranty .

To be honest with you , I start to look in the bios and get lost as to what does what :confused:

Im really after a fools guide as to what to change in the P5q-e bios to use my memory to the best of its ability , I do alot of gaming and just want my pc to preform the best it can ... without breaking it :bigeyes:

On the memory its says 4-4-4-12 2.10v , im presuming that in the bios I change the DRAM voltage from auto to 2.10 , the memory timing I can set to 4-4-4-12 (I think) by setting Dram Timing control to manual and populating the lines below it. I am then completely lost when it comes to other sections secondary info , read to write delays etc. :[pouts:

Will changing from auto settings to 4-4-4-12 2.1v will I notice any improvements?

Any help you can give me would be really appreciated.:D:

• Corsair Employee
Yes just make sure that you have the latest BIOS and then load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the Cass-4, TRCD-4, TRP-4, TRAS-12 and set the command Rate if its listed to 2T and you should be set, you can use http://www.memtest.org to test the system and make sure it is stable.

Thanks ramguy,

Im still a little confused , my bios doesn't use the same terminology , I have attached 3 pictures and highlighted what i think your asking me to do.

Can you confirm and advise if theres anything else I need to change please ?

Im so dumb at this :[pouts:

2091497863_picture1.thumb.JPG.924b1688321cdd6960de8c12e26c361a.JPG

1596605831_picture2.thumb.JPG.efbfeb7d3f38847715aea2613a58a1ad.JPG

972512004_picture3.thumb.JPG.f6296070368d6a4ff362c32a856be0a7.JPG

Archived