Corsair Community

H100i Replacement fans

Wakers

Hi guys,

I've had my H100i for over a year now. Very happy with performance, not happy with noise.

I've just moved my build into a Fractal Design R2 XL - not for noise reasons, but it was in the back of my mind that my build should be much quieter than it was in my old 400r.

Everything is, apart from the H100i fans. They're still loud and make some awful sounds, particularly in balanced and performance mode. I've ensured that it's not the pump, it's definitely the stock fans.

What I have noticed about the stock fans is that they're very highly specced - 77CFM and 3500RPM - which is something that a lot of other fans don't seem to come anywhere near.

If I were to look for fans that had a less grating noise, what should I be looking at without sacrificing too much in terms of CPU temperature?

Make sure they are the 4 pin PWN F12 model or you won't be able to control them through the pump block. The 3 pin DC version will work just as well, but you will need to power it through a motherboard header or fan controller.

Yep, they're the PWM model. I have a fan controller in my case either, so thanks for the tip.

I have purchased a pair of these fans for my H100iGtx which was noisy. The difference is unbeleivable, I also think it is wrong that Corsair supply such noisy fans with the cooler. One of mine also made a un acceptable whining noise,if you touched the centre of the fan it stopped so I knew it was the fan not the pump. I paid a lot for my 780T case and the H100iGTX cooler, I was not expecting to pay out for fans for the case and the cooler.

Well, would you be willing to pay an extra $20-40 for the product to include a higher level of fan? Using an mspr of $25-30 per fan for the higher end models, your talking about $50-60 of fans in $80-100 cooler package. Considering how varying people's reactions are to a particular fan, it makes more sense for the manufacturer to include less expensive fans and keep prices down. I don't know what percentage of the market prefers premium fans. That group does include me, but I doubt it's high enough for a manufacturing standpoint.

the Corsair SP 120s Quiet edition are also worth considering, they look fantastic, miles better than noctuas, and i have the AF 120s on my chassi and they outperform the stock CM fans the case came with alteast twice as much airflow with the same RPM, very happy with them. I pressume the SP ones will be very good too

Archived