Corsair Community

Device manager does not see my h100i

Stevecorrado88

Just recently upgraded mobo, cpu and ram. Hooked up the h100i v2, my mobo is a Asus z370e and my computer isn’t recognizing the cooler. Fans are plugged into cpu fan, pump is now plugged in usb 2.0 on the mobo. Everything seems to be working but I have no control over it. If I plug the pump into aio pump the light on the pump turns on and off and I hear a click within the pump. I didn’t like that so I used the usb2 on the bottom of the mobo which turns the pump on but the light isn’t bright at all.

Downloaded Corsair link and I have no controls, it doesn’t even show the pump or fan. I went to device manager and it doesn’t even see the cooler in any slot I use.

In bios it says I have no fan speed N/a * and when I had aio pump plugged in it says N/a. I have no luck with anything I read. Also nervous about deleting the anti virus. I’m not really sure how to delete it anyways when I go to add and remove it won’t let me.

Edited by Stevecorrado88

OK. So no SATA power.

First thing (and I think I mentioned this previously), you need to make sure that the fan header that the pump is connected to is set to full power. You'll need to do that in the BIOS.

If you don't do that, the pump, which gets all of its power via the fan header, won't get the full 12V that it needs to operate properly.

Why do you have the fans connected to the CPU_FAN header?

OK. So no SATA power.

First thing (and I think I mentioned this previously), you need to make sure that the fan header that the pump is connected to is set to full power. You'll need to do that in the BIOS.

If you don't do that, the pump, which gets all of its power via the fan header, won't get the full 12V that it needs to operate properly.

Why do you have the fans connected to the CPU_FAN header?

I’m a novice when it comes to this stuff. I watched videos and that was what everyone was saying to put the fans. Explain please what you mean by fan header for the pump? So I should plug the pump into a fan slot ? The pump now is plugged into a USB port so wouldn’t that be full power ?

There is a fan connector for that pump. What is it plugged in to right now?

And no, the USB connection doesn't provide enough power nor at the correct voltage. USB is 5V, up to 500mA. The Fan Header is 12V, up to 1A. That's a significant difference in available wattage.

There is a fan connector for that pump. What is it plugged in to right now?

And no, the USB connection doesn't provide enough power nor at the correct voltage. USB is 5V, up to 500mA. The Fan Header is 12V, up to 1A. That's a significant difference in available wattage.

I understand now makes sense, yes it is plugged into usb header. Which I will change and put it into cpu fan and set that to max. Question tho how come I don’t see any cpu fan rpm with my fans plugged into cpu fan header ? I’m using the splitter so it’s 2 fans in 1. If I split them up and plug them in separate I see rpm.

You will have a connection for USB as well as the Fan header. The USB cable is for Link to control the pump, the fan header connection is for power. It's not either-or but both.

If the fans are plugged in to the splitter that comes from the pump, IF you have things configured correctly, their RPM will show in Link. Not as your CPU Fan speed. The CPU Fan Speed from your motherboard will (again, if everything is configured according to the instructions and the fan header is configured correctly) be about 1/2 of the pump's RPM.

Right now, I'm not sure what's going on or how you have things hooked up. When you get home, some pictures would be good so that we can make sure that everything is on the same page.

I’m sorry this is where the confusion is. The link cable I thought was pump power and the pump cable I thought was fan power. My fault for lack of knowledge and not rushing. With that being said I understand now. So should I run the pump power cable to aio pump? Lol now I feel like we are on the same page I hope.

I’m sorry this is where the confusion is. The link cable I thought was pump power and the pump cable I thought was fan power. My fault for lack of knowledge and not rushing. With that being said I understand now. So should I run the pump power cable to aio pump? Lol now I feel like we are on the same page I hope.

You can run this to AIO Pump. TBH, that's just a standard fan header that is set to 100% by default. The problem with that is that you'll get a CPU Fan warning when booting if the radiator fans are connected to the pump (as they should be). So it's typically recommended to plug this into the CPU fan header and set it to 100%, which will give you a CPU Fan warning in the event of a complete pump failure.

That AIO_PUMP header works well for AIOs that have a separate connection for the pumps and the fans and the fans are controlled by the motherboard. The Corsair H100i v2 controls the fans itself based on the liquid coolant temperature, which is a better control point than the CPU temperature.

This is actually covered in the Hydro Series Cooler FAQ (linked in my signature) ... have a read ...

Ok so I have the pump plugged into cpu fan, the 9 pin usb plugged into usb910. Cpu q fan control set to dc mode, low limit ignore, fan profile max middle and min set to 100%. Fans are on full blast and Corsair light is faintly lit up. Bios fan profile says cpu fan n/a, chassis fans all working. Still no controls in Corsair link and Universal Serial Bus doesn’t detect it. I have 2 asmedia usb 3.1, 1 Intelr usb 3.0, 3 usb composit drives and usb root hubs 3.0. I don’t know which one it will come up in but I disabled and enabled everyone I can.

Understood and it sometimes happens. :(:

Your best bet, however, since it's less than a week old is to do an exchange with the vendor. That'll be quicker then doing an RMA.

I’ll call Best Buy and see what they say. Also I dont know if Corsair is open on Saturday’s but I’ll call them too

I’ll call Best Buy and see what they say. Also I dont know if Corsair is open on Saturday’s but I’ll call them too

I doubt that Corsair will be open. However, since it's BestBuy, you should have no problem returning/exchanging the cooler (as long as you have the receipt, of course).

• 1 year later...

Hi, everyone. After 3-months + with Corsair support the answer is simple when devices do not show as they should in Corsair Link. The answer is not iCue, which I was told by support.

Here you go!

Step 1: Run Winver in Run command.

Step 2: Uninstall iCue complete and if you have Link installed, that too.

Step 3: Restart Windows. (Yes I know its windows 10 but this is hardware related. Do it).

Step 4: Install Corsair Link 4.9.9.3 for Windows version 1809 OS Build 17753.557 or later.

Step 5: If you want iCue for your keyboard RGB and other accessories install that now.

You should have all devices showing in Corsair Link!

Enjoy.