Corsair Community

My commander pro automatically shuts down my motherboard?

Jbalducci

So I’ve ran into a problem where my commander pro shuts down my motherboard as soon as I plug in the usb, no other usb does this only the one from commander pro. Tried looking online for a solution but can’t seem to find one. Wondering if this is a known issue. I’ve got a Link to a video showing what happend when I plug it in. [ame]https://youtu.be/ttn1KRcCPJ0[/ame]

Not a known issue - I've not seen or heard of this before. It looks like a short? It's also odd that it comes back when you remove the cable.

Question - are you only using cables that came with your PSU to power the devices?

A couple of things that I noticed on your video - your cooler isn't on. Why is that? Is it plugged in? That in itself is not a good thing.

Not a known issue - I've not seen or heard of this before. It looks like a short? It's also odd that it comes back when you remove the cable.

Question - are you only using cables that came with your PSU to power the devices?

A couple of things that I noticed on your video - your cooler isn't on. Why is that? Is it plugged in? That in itself is not a good thing.

Cooler isn’t on because I have it connected to the commander pro, I am using one cable from my psu and another aftermarket cable which is just a sata power cable with 4 connections

The cooler will come one when it has power. You should never turn on the system without an active cooler. Period. Full stop. Don't do it.

Second, this aftermarket cable - is the CoPro plugged in to that? If so, I would immediately suspect that. Use a cable that came with the PSU and see if you have the same issue.

The cooler will come one when it has power. You should never turn on the system without an active cooler. Period. Full stop. Don't do it.

Second, this aftermarket cable - is the CoPro plugged in to that? If so, I would immediately suspect that. Use a cable that came with the PSU and see if you have the same issue.

Just unplugged the aftermarket sata cable and plugged everything into the oringal psu cable and it turned on. Thank you!