Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro rgb strips not working

Gunner_Youri

Finished my build yesterday, everything went fine apart from the rgb strips. They are displayed in Corsair Link. They are also found in Devices and printers in Windows, but as an unknown device. Did the firmware update for the Lighting Node and for a few seconds, I saw the rgb strips light up. But that was it. What is wrong?

1. Rather than "Did the firmware update" is would add clarity if you specified the actual CL4 version and CLNP firmware version numbers :idea:.
  2. The CLNP will show in in CL 4.7.0.77 even when the SATA power cable is not connected/powered, however the LEDs won't light, so I am wondering if there is an issue with it getting power. Double check it is.
  3. It's also possible the ports are disabled, post the CL4 CLNP config panel screen shot.
  4. I am unsure what "in Windows, but as an unknown device", indicates and ideally you would attach a screen shot.
  5. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.
  6. It may be easier to help you if you use http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra

My Corsair Link version is 4.7.0.77, and the Lighting Node firmware 0.3.72. Don't think it is a power issue, because when I was building the pc, I had to wait for my RAM modules to arrive. And when I powered the pc up without RAM, the RGB strips worked. I have attached some screenshots.

config.thumb.jpg.f4db99f93dfd83daa689bc5bbdfdd05c.jpg

Apparaat.thumb.jpg.75686b3a3c499dbf536e2851469e74e7.jpg

Hey man, I solved it myself. When I was looking at my own screenshots, I saw that Led Channel 2 was disconnected. Changing that did the trick!

I had assumed they were connected to port 1 given that was enabled.

Did CL 4.7.0.77 default to only enabling port 1? If so this I feel this is not ideal and should be changed.

• 1 year later...

HERE IS THE FIX

I just wanted to add my 2 cents on how I got this working. If you connect all 4 RGB strips, connect the first strip to port 1 on the controller, connect the remaining 3 strips to the 1st strip and connect the end of the 4th strip into the controller. This made it work for me as opposed to plugging them all into one port. The other thing I did was not use the supplied piece of Chinese s*it USB header to micro usb cable. My motherboard wouldn't recognize the cable and looking in the port scared me into thinking that it would short out my computer. I used a regular usb to micro usb cable and plugged it into the back of my computer and wow finally corsair link and iCUE recognized it. I selected 4 led strips for channel 1 port 1 and 4 led strips for channel 2 port 2.

I attached a picture of the malformed micro usb cable that is responsible for "USB device not recognized (device descriptor failed)" and the RGB controller and strips not showing up in iCUE and Corsair Link. If the cable is not defective, possibly certain bios chipsets have trouble recognizing the usb header to micro-usb conversion setup. The easiest workaround is just using a USB to micro-usb cable and just running it to the outside of the case.

It seems I am not the only one with this issue:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/855788-corsair-lighting-node-pro-not-working-like-intended-think-i-know-what-the-issue-is/

Corsair team: I don't have time to open a ticket but hopefully you see this forum post and stop using cheap usb header to micro-usb cables. If the quality of the cable isn't bad, then the software compatability with certain bios chipsets must be ramified or you should just include a usb to micro-usb cable. Also I found the instructions very unclear. They do not tell you which software is needed to control the lights (Corsair Link & iCUE), instead they take you to a general corsair download page. Also, they do not tell you how to connect the light strips or that if you were to connect them all to one port daisy chained that it wouldn't work unless you plugged the end of the chain into port 2.

191515465_badconnector.thumb.jpg.213ad895ba144835699022c56dd1bb19.jpg

Archived