Corsair Community

Corsair Hydro Series H100 confusion

Fantoka

Hello,

I want to buy a new AiO CPU liquid cooler for my system. The biggest radiator I can fit in my case is 240mm. In many tests the Corsair Hydro Series H100i Pro RGB gets recommended in this category, so I decided to take that one.

But now I am a little confused because there seem to be multiple ones on the Corsair site. There's the H100i Pro RGB and the H100i RGB Platinum. The only difference seems to be, that the Platinum has more RGB. Beside these two there are more with the H100 name, which seem to have different fans. But I am not sure what the differences exactly are. Could someone explain them to me, so I can decide which one to buy?

Thanks in Advance,

Fantoka

There are minimal differences between the two. The Platinum's pump LEDs are individually addressable versus the more standard full ring LED on the Pro. The Platinum also comes with 2 ML-RGB fans whereas the Pro series comes with plain gray ML120 fans. They are identical other than the lighting. People complained the Pro series didn't come with RGB fans, so they packaged one up and the price is higher as a result. Each one is developed in partnership with a different supplier. The Pro series is Asetek and the Platinum CoolIT. Some people have a preference on this.

There is another addition to the family this past week. You also now have the H100i Pro XT, which we will be calling "XT" since the names are messy enough already. It is essentially the same physical parts as the Platinum (CoolIT), but without the RGB fans and in all black pump trim. A good option if you prefer the black or don't need RGB fans. It may not yet be available everywhere.