Corsair Community

Can i control the RGB of H100i platinum and the case (3x LL 120 RGB fans) separately?

Lhynre

Hi! I just ordered a new case (iCUE 465X) and new AIO (H100i Platinum), and doing a bit of reading, I realized that I can't plug the 2 AIO fans (ML ones) in the case included LED hub (I'm putting the 3 case included LL fans).

I was wondering if the following connections can be done:

1) Plugging the 3 LL fans on the LED hub and the 2 ML AIO fans directly on the AIO (as advised on the instructions).

I'm pretty sure these way I wont be able to sync all of the fans, but can I control them separately? ( I mean, can I put a RGB pattern on the AIO fans, syncronized only with the pump, and another one on the 3LL that are on the front of the case?)

I made a diagram to show what I'm planning: https://i.imgur.com/B1zOfty.png

My only gripe with this is that I may or may not be able to fit the radiator on the top (where I'm putting the 2 ML fans), so if I put the radiator in the front of the case (where the LL fans are), the AIO wont be controlling the actual fans that lie next to the radiator. Is this going to be a problem or not?

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employee

Thanks for the diagram, Lhynre, helps a lot!

This should work just fine.

The issue with having fans on the radiator not controlled by the cooler is when it reacts to heat. Normally, the cooler would ramp up the connect fans when needed to help cool the radiator. If they're in a different spot, they'll spin up but won't be cooling the radiator and that's not the recommended route.