Corsair Community

iCue Nexus High CPU Usage

Jonny6String809

Has anyone else that has picked up the Nexus noticed insane CPU usage? I'm used to the last several versions of iCue consistently utilizing 5-6% of my CPU, but since installing the Nexus the CPU utilization from iCue is constantly 15-20%. If I unplug the Nexus it instantly goes back down to 5-6%, plug it back in and it's back to 15-20%. It's actually enough that my CPU (9600k@5.1) won't throttle down and is constantly at max speed.

Nothing unusual at all. I haven't even made any custom screens yet. I'm used to seeing a few percent increase if I have the dashboard open in iCue, but nothing this crazy.

I do have a lot of other hardware run by iCue. Commander Pro, H150i, K95, Nightsword, MM800, ST100, Void Elite and the Asus MB plugin. This spike only happens with the Nexus plugged in though. The second I unplug it iCue is back down around 5%.

i just got my nexus and installed it and everything my cpu (AMD Ryzen 7 3800x) jumping between 4 - 8 % usage and temperature never below 43 degrees (usually it idles between 33 - 38) so it's a bit disappointing might ask for a return and refund if it didn't get fixed within the next 2 weeks!!!

i just got my nexus and installed it and everything my cpu (AMD Ryzen 7 3800x) jumping between 4 - 8 % usage and temperature never below 43 degrees (usually it idles between 33 - 38) so it's a bit disappointing might ask for a return and refund if it didn't get fixed within the next 2 weeks!!!

That's my feelings as well. When the end of my return window starts getting close in a few weeks, it may very well be going back. Its function doesn't justify the CPU usage. I mainly got it to monitor system temperatures while I'm gaming. Kind of defeats the purpose of monitoring an overclocked rig when the monitoring device eats up the extra FPS you gained from the overclock and then some.

• Corsair Employee

Hi all, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please note that the increased CPU utilization is likely due to updating the screen at roughly 24fps over USB (which largely relies on CPU resources). Animated backgrounds/buttons as well as monitoring widgets will also likely play a factor in increased CPU utilization as sensors need to be polled and onscreen items need to be rendered.

If you require any technical support with your iCUE NEXUS, please contact our support team at https://support.corsair.com where they'd be happy to assist you.

I got the same behavior but found the problem... I have my Nexus plugged into the usb passthrough of my K95 XT, but the cable that goes into the PC, was plugged into a USB 2.0 port, as soon as I switched that to a USB 3.0, my CPU utilization came from 10% down to 5% ... hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI Mine is connected directly to the PC via USB 3 port and averages 8% CPU and idle CPU temps hover between 33 and 47 C while Icue is running, normally its around 31/33.

I would recommend Corsair add a polling interval setting so users can control how often icue pols devices and updates the nexus screen.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have 11+ (and growing) devices in iCUE and I just got my Nexus. I don't see what people are complaining about, when controlling so many devices, USB polling for the screen, the RGB profiles... I usually see around 5-10% CPU usage. It is what it is... should Corsair always be looking for more efficiencies? Of course... but you can't expect there to not be a hit to your CPU running all this stuff.

In most cases it shouldn't matter anyway, it's not like games are using 90% of all your CPU cores.