Corsair Community

Corsair Link Commander Installation Guide

RAM GUY

• Corsair Employee

Corsair understands that installing your Corsair Link devices can be a tad bit...confusing. :confused:

So we decided to write a short and sweet, but in depth, installation guide for installing your Corsair Link hardware.

The Installation Guide will be available by clicking the attached file below.

If you believe the guide could use a little more love in certain areas, please let us know by replying to this post.

Corsair Link Hardware Installation Guide.pdf

Usefull,

Add in instructions for supported Power Supplies and cooling kits such as AX xxxi and hxxxi would be useful.

Also define 3 pin and 4 pin fans, Carbide 500R fans have 3 pins but won't connect to the cooling node as one of the pins is LED control.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Need a guide for how the corsair link kit works (if at all) with h80i or h100i. And if they work together how to do the hardware set up.

Two commanders active at once seems like a conflict, but I have noticed posts saying people are trying to do it.

• 1 month later...
Why is there an amazingly quick response to the dead link, but not even an "we're working on it" for the PSU and water cooling instruction requests? My comp is full of Corsair pieces and I love them, but this is maddening...

+1

Just dropped some serious cash for a new Computer build using most everything Corsair including the H100i and an AX860i PSU. Those with the Link Commander, I still have no idea how to hook it all up. None of the instructions from Corsair say anything about Link-ready coolers and PSU's in conjunction with Commander and cooling/fan node.

None of the instructions from Corsair say anything about Link-ready coolers and PSU's in conjunction with Commander and cooling/fan node.
I suppose that's true, and Corsair instructions could definitely be improved, but the h100i instructions never say that a link commander is even required, and it isn't. Possibly you can just return the link commander and cooling node. The thread you posted to is for the stand alone link commander, not for the h100i and h80i

H100i control/pump unit includes the link commander functions. It controls functions for h100i radiator fans connected by the PWM splitter cable, and has several plugs for CL type cables for other devices. Ignore the instructions at the start of this thread and use the instructions that came with the h100i. Those instructions have a download link from h100i product page.

Also see http://www.corsair.com/blog/introducing-the-new-hydro-series-h80i-and-h100i-liquid-cpu-coolers/

I suppose that's true, and Corsair instructions could definitely be improved, but the h100i instructions never say that a link commander is even required, and it isn't. Possibly you can just return the link commander and cooling node. The thread you posted to is for the stand alone link commander, not for the h100i and h80i

H100i control/pump unit includes the link commander functions. It controls functions for h100i radiator fans connected by the PWM splitter cable, and has several plugs for CL type cables for other devices. Ignore the instructions at the start of this thread and use the instructions that came with the h100i. Those instructions have a download link from h100i product page.

Also see http://www.corsair.com/blog/introducing-the-new-hydro-series-h80i-and-h100i-liquid-cpu-coolers/

But the instructions and blog you directed me to still do not show clear integration of BOTH an H100i and a Commander. I planned to have Link control and monitor ALL of my case's cooling, fans, radiator, etc. So I guess I didn't need to buy all "i" series equipment. Should have gone with the less expensive units and had the Commander take care of it all.... Aha! Just answered my own question of why Corsair wouldn't clear these questions up!

• 1 year later...
If you believe the guide could use a little more love in certain areas, please let us know by replying to this post.

1. It needs updating for the CL Mini and other recent hardware.
  2. There needs to be a section about interoperability with other programs such as AI Suite, AIDA64, CAM, HWiNFO, SpeedFan, etc.. This has been a known issue for at least 6 months http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=790282.
  3. Why is there no/what is the URL of the CL4 guide (Corsair-Link-Manual_v4)? Given there is a CL2 guide (Corsair-Link-Manual_v2) there should be one.

• 2 years later...

I wish Corsair would include a RGB configuration tool on their website.

Pick the fans/lights/cooler users want to use and the other RGB related parts that are required to get it all working are then displayed with the order of how they should connect

Archived