Corsair Community

Windows not accepting asterisk input from numpad?

Padinn

Hey folks,

I have a K70 Vengeance. I recently ran into an error that is driving me nuts, but I can't figure out the cause. My asterisk key on numpad will no longer input in windows, but I have verified with Switch Hitter that the computer is detecting the input properly. All the other numpad keys work fine. Any idea what is going on?

I am on Windows 10

I figured it out! This is by far the weirdest bug I've ever encountered. I had set the numpad key to be my record last five minutes option in Nvidia Geforce Shadowplay. For whatever reason this prevents windows from detecting the key input. I verified that by switching the bind to another key the issue returns. You can hold escape to delete the bind and everything works fine then.

• 1 year later...
I figured it out! This is by far the weirdest bug I've ever encountered. I had set the numpad key to be my record last five minutes option in Nvidia Geforce Shadowplay. For whatever reason this prevents windows from detecting the key input. I verified that by switching the bind to another key the issue returns. You can hold escape to delete the bind and everything works fine then.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR FIX. I have the same exact hot key set and this has been bugging me for WAY too long. Thank you!!!!