Corsair Community

K70 freezes in Rainbow Six Siege unless in "BIOS" mode

kryptic57

I have noted with a small selection of games, but most notably Rainbow Six Siege, that if my K70 keyboard is in any of it's normal settings I will experience a short 1-2 minute freeze in game. This is repeatable after about 20-40 minutes of play.

However, if I switch the keyboard into "BIOS" mode using the switch on the back of the keyboard, the problem is magically fixed. I have tried swapping USB ports, soft resetting the keyboard, uninstalling CUE multiple times and clearing cache after cache. Nothing has fixed this. It's been months now waiting to see if a CUE update would fix the problem, it has not.

I'm putting this up as I've run across several people with the same problem and hope to bring visibility to the problem. If anyone knows a permanent solution that doesn't involve disabling all the features of the keyboard please let me know.

• Corsair Employee

Which version of the K70 keyboard do you have connected? Do you have any controllers connected to your PC simultaneously with the K70?

Some helpful steps you can perform in the mean time would be to make sure CUE is updated to the latest (2.22.83), and all your BIOS and USB drivers are updated to the latest version from the motherboard manufacturer and not the Windows defaults.

• 1 month later...

Aargh.

Playing by customer and Playing our time...

"make sure CUE is updated to the latest (2.22.83), and all your BIOS and USB drivers are updated to the latest version from the motherboard manufacturer and not the Windows defaults"

First:

Update bios is stupid if computer is fine. can be dangerous.

Seconds:

My experience after own 5 different manufactured kb. Corsair is only problem kb.

3rd:

If computer freeze, locks up, kb freeze or malfunction, IT is not usb or chipset problem 99.9% tolerance, it is kb usb driver or firmware problem.

4:

Windows default usb driver works all brand kb, except Corsair, what you think that : corsair support ?

My experience is 20 year in big computer technology company. So I know.

If trace debug USB by using microsoft own software, you can easily see handshake problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my K70 LUX RGB last week. Thankfully I have no issues. Using the early access CUE beta software. I have Steam running almost constantly along with UPlay.

I also use a PS3 Controller via BT that is always active with some software my brother installed that runs as a service with each startup.

Multiple User Accounts are logged in for 2 to 3 people at a time. We all have different lighting profiles for the keyboard along with game specific profiles that all work as they should, including R6 Siege that I play every chance I get.

I have always had some USB changes made in my BIOS, since USB 3 wouldn't benefit me. Maybe others can try it.

I have an ASUS Maximux VI Formula (Intel Z87):

Legacy USB Support - ENABLED

Intel xHCI Mode - DISABLED

EHCI Hand-off - DISABLED

I hope everything continues to run well for me.

Archived