Corsair Community

Corsair ML Fan LED Question

HungryHamster

I'm planning on getting the newly released Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix AIO cooler which comes with 3 ML RGB fans.

The problem is that I'm adding 3 QL for a push/pull configuration and I know there is an issue with mixing types of fans.

Question: Is there a way to completely disable just the LED lights on these fans but still be able to control their RPM? Perhaps I could just not connect them in to the RGB LED hub so they are essentially the ML fans without any lighting? Or will the lights still turn on by default once they receive power, but just not be controllable?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Of course you can use the fans without plugging the RGB cables, they will run as non RGB fans.

I obviously do not own this cooler yet, but seeing early reviewers run ICUE with this cooler and from other Corsair products that I have used, I think I can say this: you can still use the lighting if you want just maybe the effect won't be right because of the different LED counts. Choose the QL fans on the select fan type in the capellix and choose 4 QL fans connected (8x3 = 24 LEDs < 32 LEDs found in QL so additional 1 fan should be enough), plug the first 3 slot with QL fans and the rest with the ML fans. At the end of the day, Corsair fan is the same as like any other RGB product. You may notice that for elaborate effects (where inner & outer loop have different lighting effects), it will not synchronize with the QL. I think that's it... but if you have the lighting node core from 3 packs QL fan why not use that instead so your RGB effects will match.

Edited by pontageek
  • Confused 1