Corsair Community

Issue with secondary MP600 disconnecting while in use

Hello all,

Joined this forum to ask this question because it is driving me insane. Not heavily versed in IT and CS but I'm a mechanical engineer and enjoy building my own computer.

Anyways, I built a gaming rig recently consisting of an AMD 3700x, RX 5700xt, 2 16gb 3600mhz gskill, Asus Prime X570 pro mobo, 1300w seasonic gold psu and two Corsair MP600 1tb drives using up both m.2 spots on my board. And mostly Corsair peripherals.

I put my OS and other programs into the ssd on the first m.2 slot, while I installed all of my games and launcher apps on the second drive in the second m.2 slot.

I play a lot of Warzone, and until recently started having issues while in game, my second ssd would suddenly lose connection to the mobo. Warzone would freeze and act as if I was getting booted, but it would quit out of the game all together and go back to the desktop. My second ssd would then be undetectable until I shut down and entirely cut power to the whole mobo via psu switch (at least this is what I've been doing to get it to work again).

Any ideas what is causing this? Is my drive failing? Or is it my mobo?

I apologize if my post is lacking any pertinent details, but I can provide more info if needed.

• Corsair Employee

This is going to sound a bit odd, but do you have anything that could potentially be blocking the motherboard's onboard fan?

As a troubleshooting step, could you see what happens if you drop the PCIE setting for your M.2 slots down to Gen3 instead of Gen4?

Have you updated your BIOS recently? It may be worth a shot given how new PCIE4 is to mainstream motherboards.

Finally, have you put in a support ticket with our tech support group? You can submit a ticket over here: https://help.corsair.com

This is going to sound a bit odd, but do you have anything that could potentially be blocking the motherboard's onboard fan?

As a troubleshooting step, could you see what happens if you drop the PCIE setting for your M.2 slots down to Gen3 instead of Gen4?

Have you updated your BIOS recently? It may be worth a shot given how new PCIE4 is to mainstream motherboards.

:bigeyes:

Finally, have you put in a support ticket with our tech support group? You can submit a ticket over here: https://help.corsair.com

Thanks for the response. To answer some of your questions, I did start a support ticket with Corsair support already and I have done a BIOS update since my last post. I will stick with the BIOS update as my troubleshooting step for now to make sure if it is that or not.

One thing I did notice and a little embarrass about tbh is that my BIOS seemed to have been on a really old version compared to the new update I just installed. I must have thought I did an update already when I built the computer around mid-July this year, but apparently not. The new version I installed from Asus was version 2606, while the version it replaced was 14xx something :eek: (that was my fault). But hoping that will fix the issue. Will report back if it happens again, if not then consider this issue fixed.