Corsair Community

Corsair Scimitar Pro Middle mouse button issue

joeyjr

Hi folks,

noticed yesterday that my middle mouse button click stopped working. The scroll wheel works both directions but the actual click itself has stopped? Mouse is only one year old now. Just updated the ICUE about 3 days ago. Any advice aside from mashing my mouse wheel upside down? :(: (it didnt seem to work lol)

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. Thanks all.

I have a Scimitar as well where the Mousewheel click has a mind on its own.

What I've read so far that kinda worked was tilting the mouse and rapidly clicking/scrolling in order to remove any dust particles that might got stuck in there. Out of experience I can tell you that cat hairs tend to get into that section every now and then.

• 1 month later...

I have exactly opposite issue: The middle button scroll wheel on my 9-mos old Scimitar PRO Yellow just went completely loose-- stopped scrolling but my mid button click is fine.

Hi folks,

noticed yesterday that my middle mouse button click stopped working. The scroll wheel works both directions but the actual click itself has stopped? Mouse is only one year old now. Just updated the ICUE about 3 days ago. Any advice aside from mashing my mouse wheel upside down? :(: (it didnt seem to work lol)

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. Thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...
I took apart my mouse to see what I was dealing with as I’ve had this issue off and on for a little bit, the mouse wheel on the left-hand side is attached to a geared servo to scroll the wheel. If the wheel stops scrolling or won’t read a scroll the servo is the cause and or the link to the servo on the wheel it’s self. The wheel click is actually pushing on a switch soldered to the board on the right-hand side as far as I cant tell the switch tends to wear quickly and the only solution would be to pull the dead switch from the board and solder a new one on. I see the compounding with other people being able to fix it with a shake would relate to debris getting in the way of the lever actioning causing not enough pressure to trigger the switch.