Corsair Community

Commander Pro help need please.

MrRickRyse

Hi all, Ive got a commander pro and RGB light pack coming. I want to install them myself. Ive been doing my research and I think I understand the Fans and lights going through the HUB and commander pro.

The info I cant seem to find is USB from H100i and RM850x back to the commander pro. I read lots of post all over the net, the replys are not good. Most are insulting, the rest just rude.

Its a simple question for a person who knows what there looking at i know.

Im not there yet and need a idiots hand book right now.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FCorsair%2Fcomments%2Fg2qz3z%2Fh100i_pro_platinum_not_showing_on_icue_or_corsair%2F&psig=AOvVaw2MEDHPJC1D-6sltTMhItXw&ust=1596840034102000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCLDWwevSh-sCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAg

This diagram is only partly helpful. shows you where the cables should go, but if you dont know what the cables look like to start with, not so much.

Any and all help would be much appreciated

Edited by MrRickRyse

Do you already have the H100i and the PSU? (And is it an RMi or RMX? ... RMi has iCUE integration).

Both of these have USB cables that connect to the device and then to a standard 9 pin USB 2.0 header. The CoPro has 2 of these standard 9-pin USB 2.0 headers. The only thing to be careful of is that it's super-easy to have the USB headers off by 1 pin on the CoPro.

Hi all, Ive got a commander pro and RGB light pack coming. I want to install them myself. Ive been doing my research and I think I understand the Fans and lights going through the HUB and commander pro.

The info I cant seem to find is USB from H100i and RM850x back to the commander pro. I read lots of post all over the net, the replys are not good. Most are insulting, the rest just rude.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FCorsair%2Fcomments%2Fg2qz3z%2Fh100i_pro_platinum_not_showing_on_icue_or_corsair%2F&psig=AOvVaw2MEDHPJC1D-6sltTMhItXw&ust=1596840034102000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCLDWwevSh-sCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAg

This diagram is only partly helpful. shows you where the cables should go, but if you dont know what the cables look like to start with, not so much.

It is pretty simple. The ports are labeled and they are very different plugs on each end. I have Both the commander pro and an RGB controller set up for my system with the h100i, 6 fans, 4 strips and it all worked ok. We really need an all in one fan and RGB controller.

The key is to make sure its set up right in Icue.

Edited by zelendel

It's very simple. There is a one cable labelled "To RGB Hub" and one cable that is not labelled which goes to the Commander Pro on the fans. Make sure that you are connecting to the corresponding numbers otherwise you will be controlling the RPM and lights of two different fans LOL suggest you watch the youtube videos posted on the Corsair page.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings,

I hope this helps you out. I have 2 Commander pros and 1 lighting node. 10 RGB HD fans 7 of which are HD140s, 3 @ HD120s , H115i AIO, Thermaltake 1250 RGB psu , 4 RGB Corsair strips All of my usbs are connected into a NZXT Internal USB Hub ( I Purchased adaptor cables to use the female usb ports) The Commander Pros control all my fans and LEDs for the fans.

I went this route after failure of one on my Commander Pro usb hubs. Now all my usbs are in one place with the NZXT connected to my motherboard. I see everything in Icue with the exception of the PSU and there is a story about why I went that Route has to do with failure of a Corsair PSU and I did not want to wait for back order.

Summary all the fans are connected and labeled to each commander pro with 6 fans on one Commander Pro and 4 on the other giving me two open ports for future troubleshooting if a failure occurs. . All the fan RGB cables are connected to the Commander Pros with provided connector hubs that came with the HD fans @ 2 total HD fan RGB connectors for the 10 fans with one each connected to each Commander Pro .I am using only one led port on each Commander Pro incase as failure. I have at 2 each Commander Pros, 1 Lighting Node ( with 4 led RGB strips from Corsair connected), PSU, USB cable for H115i AIO, Case Front usb 2.0 cable connected to the NZXT HUB. So six devices connect into the Internal NZXT usb hub as most newer Mobos only have 1 dual slot onboard 2.0 usb port.

Issues I have had: early versions of ICUE (So keep a copy of previous installer when updating to go back if needed as newer software overwrites the current) a couple of bug issues with newer updates. Currently using the newest and greatest, ICUE. ( All my peripherals are Corsair, K95, Simmitar, Virtuoso SE, ST100, RGB Mouse pad) Lighting Node lost led port / hub #1 now using hub 2 ,, Commander Pro usb hub 1 and 2 no longer works, Commander Pro still functions for fans and RGB. For a 3 and half year usage at 24 hours 7 days a week system time. I have been unhappy with the failures on the Corsairs parts, my headsets show up twice in ICUE yet to find a fix for that. They work so it's all good. I have no regrets.

Use ICUE for fan and RGB Control set custom fan curves not hat hard to do once you learn to navigate the ICUE software, You can use the Commander Pro usb hub it is a pass through or get an internal usb hub.. Just be sure that you connect the usb input cable into your motherboard. Occasionally check ICUE to make sure your Commander Pro is there on the dashboard and your AIO H110 along with the PSU. Reason I went with the NZXT internal is when my Commander Pro usb quit I lost pump control and could no longer access my PSU. You can connect your fans to the mobo but then again you have a Commander Pro and it can control 6 fans ,, Plus it has 4 temp sensors which is a plus. and you can view and label in ICUE. Last but least make sure all your sata power cables are connected correctly to power your RGBs, Commander pro and H110i. Feel free to ask questions I will do my best to answer then.

P.S. DON'T UPDATE YOU CORSAIR COMPONENTS FIRMWARE UNTIL EVERYTHING IS WORKING FIRST AND SHOWS UP IN ICUE. MOST LIKELY YOUR COMMANDER PRO WILL NEED ITS FIRMWARE UPDATED AND ICUE WILL DO THAT FOR YOU. BE SURE YOU HAVE NO OTHER PROGRAMS IN THE FOREGROUND RUNNING WHEN UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE.

Edited by jwar
ADD MORE INFO.