Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso blinking red, not turning on

Hi guys,

Had a pair of Corsair Virtuoso RGB headset for the last 3 weeks and they've exceeded my expectations from day one.

Last night I forgot to charge them, but I do believe they went into standby mode as the battery was fairly low after gaming majority of yesterday. Today, came to my PC to find my headset would not power on. Presumed the battery must have finally drained overnight.

After plugging the headset in, i'm getting nothing other than a flashing red indicator at random pulses while it's plugged into my PC. I did try flicking it over to Wired connection as well with the switch, to no success.

I also followed the unresponsive guide on the help page, such as plugging it into a wall connector and leaving for 15 minutes, however they've now been sat here for 2 hours with no change.

Anyone else experienced this issue as I've noticed quite a lot of "didn't fix" identifiers on the help page also.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Are the headset and dongle detected in iCUE when set to USB Mode? If you haven't done so already, try performing a force firmware update. Also, does the headset function when in USB mode; outputting audio and picking up mic input?

Are the headset and dongle detected in iCUE when set to USB Mode? If you haven't done so already, try performing a force firmware update. Also, does the headset function when in USB mode; outputting audio and picking up mic input?

I've been having the same issue from today.

It flashes red and is not charging.

iCue shows the device as "Unavailable" on both USB and Wireless mode and it does not show in Device Manager.

I have done a Force Update to the firmware of the dongle and even done a clean install of iCue. The headset has been on "Charge" for the last 4 hours and still doesn't have any power when switching it to Wireless mode.

The speakers pulse on and off when the red light is flashing.

I've tried cleaning out the USB-C port and have tried with another cable.

Nothing has worked so far.

hope this information helps

Mine has now been fixed.

It looks to be a bug with audio drivers.

As i was sick of not having any audio output, i decided to link my Bluetooth speaker.

After it linked, i thought of trying the Headset again.

Looked over to it and the light on the ear-cups went white and green on the boom.

100% back to full working order

• 3 months later...
Mine has now been fixed.

As i was sick of not having any audio output, i decided to link my Bluetooth speaker.

Looked over to it and the light on the ear-cups went white and green on the boom.

So...how did you do it???? Was the headset plugged in? Not plugged in? Was the dongle plugged in?? And you just connected a Bluetooth speaker and they magically started working? what audio driver was malfunctioning? answering any of those questions would be helpful as I have tried everything in this forum and nothing is working and I'm this close to throwing them in the trash and buying new headphones.

• Corsair Employee

You can try repairing the driver by going into "Add & Remove Programs" for Windows, click on Corsair iCUE, and select Modify. Go through the prompts and select "Repair" for the utility. This might correct your issue that you are experiencing. You can also reach out to our support team for more indepth troubleshooting:

https://support.corsair.com/

• 2 weeks later...
So i just had this problem and i was able to fix it by restarting my computer while having the headphones connected through the USB to Type-C cable. When the computer restarted it picked up the headset again and its working fine. I'm not sure if this is a permanent fix but its working so far.

Hi guys,

Had a pair of Corsair Virtuoso RGB headset for the last 3 weeks and they've exceeded my expectations from day one.

Last night I forgot to charge them, but I do believe they went into standby mode as the battery was fairly low after gaming majority of yesterday. Today, came to my PC to find my headset would not power on. Presumed the battery must have finally drained overnight.

After plugging the headset in, i'm getting nothing other than a flashing red indicator at random pulses while it's plugged into my PC. I did try flicking it over to Wired connection as well with the switch, to no success.

I also followed the unresponsive guide on the help page, such as plugging it into a wall connector and leaving for 15 minutes, however they've now been sat here for 2 hours with no change.

Anyone else experienced this issue as I've noticed quite a lot of "didn't fix" identifiers on the help page also.

Thanks!

I get this from time to time as well. All I do is plug the wireless dongle out of the USB port and plug it back in. That always sorts it out for me. Corsair Virtuoso SE

Hey, sorry to see you are having issues. It's like pulling teeth to get someone to respond to my post... I do have a question for you, since this headset exceeds your expectations. Does it sound like pure tinny, double sound no matter what? I've got to know, and i dont know anyone who owns this headset personally to ask. Man, i wanted to like this headset, bbut this cant be what almost 200 dollars sound like... I think im just spoiled from using a mixamp with my astro a50s. But serious, no matter what I do, which there are limited options, discord sounds like complete crap, there also a delay in discord when i toggle mute, or the sound it makes when someone joins or leaves. Games are atrocious sounding. Used all recommended settings from the manual, even deleted all software from astro off my pc, and the virtuoso still sucks for me. Maybe a faulty pair, who knows, or maybe this is what other head sets sound like??? cant be....

• 1 month later...
I've been having the same issue from today.

It flashes red and is not charging.

iCue shows the device as "Unavailable" on both USB and Wireless mode and it does not show in Device Manager.

I have done a Force Update to the firmware of the dongle and even done a clean install of iCue. The headset has been on "Charge" for the last 4 hours and still doesn't have any power when switching it to Wireless mode.

The speakers pulse on and off when the red light is flashing.

I've tried cleaning out the USB-C port and have tried with another cable.

Nothing has worked so far.

hope this information helps

I have tried all of this stuff as well... has anyone figured out to get the headset back working. Everyone already knows this thing costed a pretty penny, and I actually enjoyed it as a headset. Any solutions?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Mine has now been fixed.

do u have discord to walk me through the steps on how to fix it

I think i found a solution:

- Disconnect wireless dongle

- Connect Virtuoso SE to PC via USB

The headset is blinking red now?

- Plug the microphone into the headset

- Press and hold the microphone mute button

After a few seconds the blinking should stop.

- Hold the button for 2 minutes or so. (i think the blinking was asking too much power so it couldnt start, some kind of bootloop)

- Release the mute button.

My Virtuoso was turning on and charging after this.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
after I updated my firmware version of my headset it automatically disconnects then starts blinking red and in the ICUE software it does not show my headset only the dongle, I tried everything and search for everything but there is no solution I just bought this headset a month ago and came to this problem :( I really need everybody's help thank you.

after I updated my firmware version of my headset it automatically disconnects then starts blinking red and in the ICUE software it does not show my headset only the dongle, I tried everything and search for everything but there is no solution I just bought this headset a month ago and came to this problem :( I really need everybody's help thank you.

Same problem here. Started this past weekend when I did an update. Not happy.

Same issue here. Dongle just blinks red after update. iCue shows the version as '?' The software tries to update, but it never succeeds. The headset does work in wired, but then defeats the purpose of paying the premium for wireless.

Submitted a ticket, hoping for quick resolution.

674536879_2021-04-2915_19_42-iCUE.thumb.png.9afdb6f89eb5c7795ad1981f8c2f39e8.png

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys,

If you're on iCUE 4.10, please update the firmware on your VIRTUOSO and its dongle. You'll need to connect your VIRTUOSO via USB (while its toggled in USB mode) to update - afterwards, select its dongle in iCUE and initialize pairing.

Hey guys,

If you're on iCUE 4.10, please update the firmware on your VIRTUOSO and its dongle. You'll need to connect your VIRTUOSO via USB (while its toggled in USB mode) to update - afterwards, select its dongle in iCUE and initialize pairing.

Negative. Doesn’t work. Is that a new version in the pst week, because if it’s not, it doesn’t work.

I'm having this same problem after the 4.10 update. I was in the middle of using it for a meeting, it was working fine, then suddenly it cut off audio and my mic and it turns out it's suddenly unable to pair with the dongle. Works fine in wired mode. The dongle shows up in iCUE, but the headset only shows up in wired mode. The dongle option to "initiate" for the pairing is greyed out, and the headset option to "pair" just bring up a dialog box that says "Ensure that the Wireless Receiver is inserted into your system. Pairing will start soon" indefinitely.

Firmware is updated for both dongle and headset, however I was only able to use the force update option for the dongle, as the headset force update option was greyed out. I went through the microsoft settings > programs > iCUE > Modify > repair steps, uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE. I tried holding down the mute button on the headset in wireless mode for 15 seconds until the light went out, switching to wired mode, and plugging it in. Reverted iCUE to 3.3.8 without luck, then installed 4.10 again. Tried different usb ports to see if maybe it was a hardware problem, but no luck there either.

Has anyone else had any luck with getting this fixed?

• Corsair Employee

On iCUE 4.10.273, VIRTUOSO has firmware version 5.2.68 available, while its dongle has 5.4.99 available.

I suggest taking the following steps:

1. Make sure your VIRTUOSO is toggled to USB mode and connect it to your PC via USB. Connect the USB dongle, as well and make sure both devices are connected to direct USB ports and not a hub/dock.
  2. Go to device settings for both devices and make sure firmware on both VIRTUOSO and its dongle is up-to-date (per versions above/last image below)
  3. With firmware for both devices up-to-date, there are two methods to re-pair the two:

• Select VIRTUOSO's dongle>Connections>Press "Initiate" next to USB Wireless Receiver pairing (see first image below)

• Select VIRTUOSO headset>Device Settings>Press "Pair" next to Wireless Receiver Pairing (see second image below)

attachment.php?attachmentid=41109&stc=1&d=1619801624

attachment.php?attachmentid=41107&stc=1&d=1619801269

attachment.php?attachmentid=41106&stc=1&d=1619799726

Image.png.b9df03a8492a83171a75f2c56973a54d.png

1867953961_Image2.png.7b65eaa5665864046e19ecada1a53f33.png

1689616974_Image3.thumb.png.5012d1347586080808398a22d54d46ef.png

Edited by Corsair Albert
Small typo