Corsair Community

iCUE 3.15.56 and Nightsword RGB Issue

vZeroG

Most of the newer peripherals use a profile save slot called something like "Device.Name HW1-3". These will show up at the bottom of your iCUE profile list. See if you have some Nigthtsword hardware profiles. It works like a regular profile, but options that cannot be saved to the device are blocked/removed. After going to the hardware profile, click on the device in the top menu (mouse), edit the lighting/actions/DPI, then select the "Onboard Profiles" option from the left menu. You can save it to any of the three slots. HW1 does not have to go to slot 1, etc. Edited by c-attack
Correction for clarity

You would need to click on the profiles list to show all the entries in the left column. Regardless, every once in a while someone's mouse doesn't create the hardware profiles and you can force it to with a soft reset. I am assuming the NS will use the first method for standard wired mice. The wireless ones sometimes are different.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025348571-Mouse-Reset

Yep - soft reset got it sorted last night, although I do not like the way this is handled compared to my Strafe RGB KB. So convoluted. I wish I could just have the same save to device option that every other Corsair input device I have had thus far utilized. Also, you can't customize all the buttons on the mouse apparently and save them to the device - for instance, you can't save alternate macros to the Profile UP/Down buttons.

The switch over to the save profiles method started a few years back and many newer devices use it. One of the reasons is to help you identify when something can or cannot be saved. In the “save to device” method, it just fails and you don’t know why. The save profiles will prevent you from trying to save what cannot be saved. Software is always going to provide more complex options than going without. There is a limit to how much you can store and how much processing the device can do.