Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2020, 02:48 PM

POST ID # = 1056482
DarkStarrFOFF Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdrprof View Post
Well I would say this has fixed it still, but coming back from a week vacation, I'm still getting disconnects.
I'm having no disconnects with nothing plugged in to the Corsair's USB hub and a cheap hub from Amazon handling all my USB 2.0 connections. I purchased https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08BNMP6..._T0AkFb0AN1ERF and it works great. I did hook it up to power but I don't really know that I needed to do so but figured I may as well instead of doing it twice.

Old 08-15-2020, 01:52 AM

POST ID # = 1057686
throwawayy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStarrFOFF View Post
I'm having no disconnects with nothing plugged in to the Corsair's USB hub and a cheap hub from Amazon handling all my USB 2.0 connections. I purchased https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08BNMP6..._T0AkFb0AN1ERF and it works great. I did hook it up to power but I don't really know that I needed to do so but figured I may as well instead of doing it twice.
I just registered to say that this thread (and this post specifically) saved my sanity.

I have had the constant USB resets for over 10 months now, and just recently ordered the same USB hub as linked in the signature. Now, almost 3 hours and no disconnects!

Corsair ought to reimburse us for these things, since their product is not working right!

Thank you all for contributing to this and finding the actual solution to the problem that drove (and still drives!) many users to the wall.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:48 PM
RealTime's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1058549
RealTime Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwawayy View Post
I just registered to say that this thread (and this post specifically) saved my sanity.

I have had the constant USB resets for over 10 months now, and just recently ordered the same USB hub as linked in the signature. Now, almost 3 hours and no disconnects!

Corsair ought to reimburse us for these things, since their product is not working right!

Thank you all for contributing to this and finding the actual solution to the problem that drove (and still drives!) many users to the wall.
My sanity is in question. I've tried every step in this thread. None have panned out on the ASUS ROG Strix X570 E Gaming board, and I think I may know why.

The Commander Pro is older tech. Based on USB 2.0. The ROG Strix X570 doesn't have a native 2.0 header. It uses all 3.0 "backwards compatible" USB headers.

Here's what I did:

I swapped to my backup board, an ASUS TUF X570 WiFi, which uses a mix of native USB 2.0 headers and USB 3.0. Miraculously, no issues. I am running Razer Synapse, iCUE, CoreTemp, and EVGA X1 Precision all together and no issues. I am also not using the USB internal header I purchased to "fix" the Commander Pro issue.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:38 AM

POST ID # = 1059058
snugglepilot Reputation: 10

Registering to the forum to add a plus one here.

Asus Prime X-570 Pro gets constant USB hub resets, and my lighting node doesn't seem to work when plugged into the commander. I've ordered an internal hub to see if that fixes things for me.

Edit: I installed this USB hub: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(I did NOT connect the SATA power connector.)

Seems to be running smoothly now...

Last edited by snugglepilot; 08-29-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:13 AM
OcelotWolf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1059697
OcelotWolf Reputation: 10

Hey all,

Add me to the list of users who registered specifically to chime in to share their experience with this issue. My NZXT Hub is already on the way so I'll try and remember to report back here with my experience.

In the meantime, does anyone who used the NZXT Hub workaround have experience with hooking up these devices to the Commander Pro?

- Corsair H100i w/ 2xLL120 fans
- 4x QL120 fans
- 4x Corsair RGB LEDs

I need all of these controlled via my Commander Pro and I was already a bit confused BEFORE I realized I'd need to daisy chain USB hubs. Does this USB issue change anything?

I also have various spare RGB/LED/Fan Hubs that came with my fans and 680X case, in case any additional hardware is required.

Old 09-04-2020, 02:04 AM
Blacksad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1059836
Blacksad Reputation: 10

Hey there! Having issues with my Commander Pro also. The fans don't "stop" working per se, but they only briefly appear in ICue under the commander pro for seconds at a time, then disappear and later might reappear for a few seconds. The RGB/lighting effects never does, but only the fan screen with the profile and RPM's, etc. Each time it will make the disconnect noise. Kind of worrying, don't want my AIO pump to stop and start over and over again or anything. My MoBo is the Asus Tuf B550m (Wifi)

Old 09-04-2020, 05:12 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1059918
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

We're still actively pursuing this issue internally, and evaluating corrections on all fronts. Once we have a solid solution in place, we'll be sure to relay that information to all of you as soon as we have it available.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:43 PM
Blacksad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1059919
Blacksad Reputation: 10

Hi guys! After doing a little research, I've found that different programs which poll data will essentially "break" the Commander Pro until the program in question is shut down, and ICue is restarted.

In my case, it was HWinfo, which I use for my OSD for a small LCD panel. I've also read that Rivatuner and MSI Afterburner can also do similar things if set up in specific ways, as well as other programs which poll data from various sources. HWinfo polls data from ICue specifically in conjunction with other sources, so it's constant queueing of data from the CoPro causes errors.

Now all fans are showing up properly, with the correct fan curves/settings, and the "disconnect" noise no longer happens.

Unfortunately, now I need to figure out a way to use HWinfo without it doing this, or another program which will do the same thing without the inherent issues. I wish ICue would let me customize it to do the same thing, as it has the temp data, but not the % used, move it around, etc.

Just a heads up! Thought it might save someone a headache.

Last edited by Blacksad; 09-05-2020 at 12:57 AM.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:54 AM
TheMoneySpent's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1060819
TheMoneySpent Reputation: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglepilot View Post
Registering to the forum to add a plus one here.

Asus Prime X-570 Pro gets constant USB hub resets, and my lighting node doesn't seem to work when plugged into the commander. I've ordered an internal hub to see if that fixes things for me.

Edit: I installed this USB hub: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(I did NOT connect the SATA power connector.)

Seems to be running smoothly now...
So basically we spend hundreds of dollars on the commander pro and fans only to buy another USB hub to mitigate Corsairs problem. . . Daam I got hustled.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:03 AM

POST ID # = 1061674
jajajaja2 Reputation: 10

Just adding that I had the same issue, and solved it with a thermaltake internal usb 2.0 hub. I just plugged the usb hub into the motherboard (and plugged a sata power into the usb hub), then plugged the commander pro into the usb hub -- nothing else changed with the setup.

ASUS X570 Prime Pro motherboard with 3900x

Old 09-19-2020, 09:24 PM
RealTime's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1062022
RealTime Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
We're still actively pursuing this issue internally, and evaluating corrections on all fronts. Once we have a solid solution in place, we'll be sure to relay that information to all of you as soon as we have it available.
Thanks for the update. I do appreciate the effort, as I am sure we all do.