Corsair Community

h80i v2 and corsair link 4.9.9.3 settings

hEEk

hello all guys,

here mobo asrock z77 extreme4, cpu i7 3770k @4,4ghz, h80i v2 cooler installed today by a trusted technician.

first thing i did was installing corsair link 4.9.9.3 and tried firstly to obtain a decent sound because the pump (or h80i fan, dunnow) sound is really ugly, i mean: "hhrrr hhhrrr" continuosly and so i setup the h80i fan (from the configure schedule) with a calibration curve like this:

20 to 30° -> 35%

40 to 50° -> 50%

60° -> 70%

70° and above -> 100%

this way i can tell that i don't hear fastidious noise @ idle: my idle temps are (considering hare is summer, with 30° in) 35-40° for the cpu cores

modifying the pump from quiet to performance gives me no differences in noise so i left the pump set up to quiet to not stress it so much..

now i have about 1350 rpm for h80i fan and about 1950/1980 rpm for the pump.

i have to see how much the temperatures rise in game but meanwhile i would like to know if you think these settings could be acceptable for my rig.

thank you

why no answers?

i would need one, above all because i controlled the h80i fans behaviour when in game or when stressing the cpu with a bench and i noticed that fans speed remain the same. the curve i set up for the cooler fans seems to not working.

can you give me some feedback? or i must use icue to adjust cooler fans speeds depending on cpu temps? thank you

Your curve is wrong. The curve for the cooler's fans should be controlled by the coolant temperature, which will likely not go much above 40-42C. It looks like you have the temps based on CPU temp but likely using the coolant temp as the source.

Part of it, tbh, is that Link is now 2 years end-of-life. Very few of us look at it and we have to dig waaaaaaaaay back in the memory to recall it.

Dev, thanks for your reply, indeed i would like to control the coolant fans based on cpu temp.. there is a way to do it with corsair link as you remember? or if not can i install iCue and you please tell me how to do the job?

i attach 2 pics of my CL settings for my h80i v2 to clarify you the situation

https://srv-file20.gofile.io/download/NPKqr5/CL4993.jpg

https://srv-file20.gofile.io/download/NPKqr5/FanCurve.jpg

i am pushed to regulate the cooler fans based on cpu temp because i have changed my cooler just 1 week ago: my older h80i (first version) broke and my cpu temp raised to 100°...:bigeyes:

Luckily the mobo was set up with the feature of auto switch off pc in case of ultra high cpu temps and my cpu was saved by this.. now i would like to better preserve the cpu from cooler's failures, not only setting up a switch off protection feature by the bios but also i want to constantly monitor my cpu temps and, for example, id like to have a cpu temp indicator also in full screen while i am playing

OK, in configure / h80i fan i changed the "group" from h80i v2 temp to -> cpu package.

now when i get the cpu working at high loads the cooler's fans improve their speed. so think i have found the solution. anyway your suggestion are very taken into consideration, so i wait for another reply, hoping you would have the patience to follow me in this passage... for now i stay on CL, but i am sure i will switch for iCue in the future.

Configuring the fan speeds based on CPU temperature is inappropriate with liquid cooling when you have the liquid temp - which is what the fans are actually cooling - available. CPU temp is appropriate for air cooling and as its what "we've always done", that's the knee-jerk reaction for someone just coming into water cooling. But it's not appropriate and completely ignores how water cooling actually works.

See the AIO FAQ for details on this.