Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 Rev. 1 with 2 sets of TWINX512-3200LLPT question

mjrtoo

Right now I am happily running the GA-8IK1100 with 1 set of TWINX512-3200LLPT, which I purchased quite a while ago. I'm looking at possibly getting another set of the same RAM. I've read about some issues a while back on this site but cant seem to find the threads anymore. Has anyone had problems doing this? I'm assuming that the chip will be different on the new sticks, could that lead to problems? Thanks for your input. Matt

• 2 months later...
I really now need to upgrade my RAM. Would you suggest the TWINX1024-3200LLPT over getting another pair of TWINX512-3200LLPT? Or, would you suggest less aggressive corsair memory at the 1 GB range better than any LL RAM.

• Corsair Employee
If you need more memory with this MB I would suggest Twinx1024-3200 if you can find another use for these modules in another system. If you don’t have another use and you get another set to add to these I would try and manually set the timings to Cass 2-3-3-6 and set the Dim Over voltage Control to +.1 Volts.

• 3 weeks later...
2 6 3 3 is the better setting by almost 700 MB/s. While my overall Sandra benchmark did suffer over a single set of the RAM, I kind of expected that. But running dual sets of dual channel ram at 2 6 3 3 while solid as a rock is still pretty freakin amazing to me. Thanks Corsair, and while this board seems to get some complaints, I still think it's a very stable and reliable board and CAN run top end RAM at very low latency.

Archived