Corsair Community

Sabre RGB Mouse - Not detected by iCUE, doesnt work either.

djcalied

So i walked away from my PC for a sec, came back and my mouse wasn't lit up or working. I popped in an old cheapy microsoft wireless mouse to reinstall icue (updated it to latest) no dice.

It shows in device manager 3 mice plugged (HID compliant) in when theres only 2, furthermore it shows the sabre as being manufactured by microsoft and the driver as being microsoft as well.

I have uninstalled and rebooted thru device manager, i have reinstalled CUE, i have plugged mouse into different ports. I cannot get CUE see the sabre at all, it shows my H100 and my k70 lux with no issues. But no mouse.

It is almost as if it refuses to use the proper drivers, and device manager shows it continues to try and run with a microsoft driver from 2006 no matter what i do (wtf)

So currently my mouse is dead, doesnt work, wont be properly recognized, and idk what the heck to do. Maybe older version of CUE?

Those are the correct drivers, all the features come from CUE, the mouse is supposed to show up as several generic HIDs.

But, have you tried a soft reset on the mouse?

Just unplug it, hold down left and right click while plugging it back in and release after it's recognized.

They don't want to help me with my Sabre RGB mouse either :( I put in a support ticket asking for old firmware, they sent me the same version firmware I told them that it doesn't work. They said that's the only firmware available. LOL, then what was on the mouse when I bought it? That firmware worked...this doesn't. Explain that Corsair!

I think they just don't like this mouse which is dumb because it's the only optical mouse I could find. I'm not going to bother ordering a mouse, I go to the store and get one and if it sucks then I say it sucks.

Having no way to reset to factory firmware SUCKS. Having popups in CUE that update the firmware and make the device incompatible is REALLY DUMB. If it doesn't work with that version then it should never suggest updating to that version.

The other Sabre thread is years old, many pages long, and no help whatsoever.

Those are the correct drivers, all the features come from CUE, the mouse is supposed to show up as several generic HIDs.

But, have you tried a soft reset on the mouse?

Just unplug it, hold down left and right click while plugging it back in and release after it's recognized.

They don't want to help me with my Sabre RGB mouse either :( I put in a support ticket asking for old firmware, they sent me the same version firmware I told them that it doesn't work. They said that's the only firmware available. LOL, then what was on the mouse when I bought it? That firmware worked...this doesn't. Explain that Corsair!

I think they just don't like this mouse which is dumb because it's the only optical mouse I could find. I'm not going to bother ordering a mouse, I go to the store and get one and if it sucks then I say it sucks.

Having no way to reset to factory firmware SUCKS. Having popups in CUE that update the firmware and make the device incompatible is REALLY DUMB. If it doesn't work with that version then it should never suggest updating to that version.

The other Sabre thread is years old, many pages long, and no help whatsoever.

Did you end up getting yours working? if so how?

This damn mouse works on my laptop but not on my desktop where i need it to work, frustrating.

I wish they fixed it, but no they just stopped talking to me.

That's weird yours works on 1 machine but not another.

The soft reset do anything for you? All it did for me was reset my lights to stuck on blue/gold instead of being stuck on white/red. My mouse never stopped working, just can't access it from CUE anymore to adjust my DPI settings or lights :(

I'm literally afraid of iCUE for 2 reasons:

1. lame hipster name that reminds me of black market rip off products.

2. tons of threads here saying it sucks.

I wish they fixed it, but no they just stopped talking to me.

That's weird yours works on 1 machine but not another.

The soft reset do anything for you? All it did for me was reset my lights to stuck on blue/gold instead of being stuck on white/red. My mouse never stopped working, just can't access it from CUE anymore to adjust my DPI settings or lights :(

I'm literally afraid of iCUE for 2 reasons:

1. lame hipster name that reminds me of black market rip off products.

2. tons of threads here saying it sucks.

Actually its dead on both machines now sadly. Soft reset didnt do anything for me.

Hell, my lights dont even light up :(

Archived